Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-02-2007 , 01:30 PM

Cardboard Cutout -> 3D

in another thread:

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=24767

I made the bushes as simple cardboard cutouts, however I am trying to make them into something a bit more 3D. If you look at the painted on shadows, you can see the bushes have a style like spheres that have melted into one another (no sharp edges) however I am at a loss as to how to replicate this. All the modeling I've done so far has been with polygons, and I would prefer something with a relatively low polygon count. Doing it in Nurbs and converting it somehow feels the right thing to do, or subdivs maybe, but does anyone have any good suggestions?

# 2 06-02-2007 , 03:03 PM
ok, I am doing it through lofting a load of nurbs curves. One question, when I loft, even when I click on close, it puts a kind of tube right through the middle, but I just want the ends "closed" i.e. the last loop on either end is the end loop?

# 3 06-02-2007 , 09:59 PM
doesn't maya still have the artisan tools? i'd say try using them after maintaining your basic outline shape. using what's kinda like a live brush, you sculpt inwards and outwards. you could probably achieve the 'melted' look that way.

Accept no substitutions.