Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-02-2007 , 01:17 AM

Rendering Paint Effects

How is it possible to render paint effects in mental ray.

I have created hair using paint effects. it is not being rendered in mental ray.

IN the paint effects display tab. i have gone into the mental ray line or tab(i dont know what we call that one). in that there is something that is called flags.

so what should i do to get it rendered.

rock and roll
# 2 25-02-2007 , 02:16 AM
Senior Software Developer
As far as I am aware, you can't render Maya Paint Effects in Mental Ray. I had the same issue with my Wii WIP on the glow.
To get round it I converted the paint Effects to Ploygons, tweaked the shader slightly and rendered that way.

From what I know of Paint Effects... "... Paint Effects strokes are a post-render effect in the Maya software renderer, so they have to be recreated as geometry to be rendered with Mental Ray, ..."

They only other option I would suggest is compositing in Post-Production...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)