Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-05-2007 , 01:40 PM
Subscriber

Text

I'm looking for advice/tutorials for creating/animating text in Maya. I've looked at the one on the Digital Tutors site, however are there any other ways to create text?

Here are my two major problems:

- Text is created with strange kerning (distance between letters). I end up having to move each one before and extruding.

- Also, sometimes I import fonts, but the don't show up in Maya. Anyone have any tips there?

Is there a plug-in to make Maya work better for text? It seems like 3dS Max handles text better.

Thanks for any advice/thoughts!

# 2 14-05-2007 , 01:53 PM
Subscriber
i dont think that maya is the best alternative to create text.

if there is the possibilty to use cinema4d, use that. for that task its much better.

# 3 19-05-2007 , 02:08 AM
Subscriber
That just seems so strange that the most popular 3d application can't really work with text. Does anyone know of a good solution for text in Maya?

Thanks again

# 4 19-05-2007 , 06:45 AM
Senior Software Developer

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)