Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 29-02-2008 , 09:37 PM

highQuality render limitations

I have a problem and dont know if it is a limitation of maya8.5 or maybe of my graphics card NV 7900gs...

situation:

1 Object
2 UV sets

uv1 = diffuse texture
uv2 = tileable diffuse texture

i linked 2 different textures to 2 different UV sets on my object. everything works fine so long. but as soon as I use a layered texture for the Color Channel (2 inputs are -> #1 ambient occlusion pass; #2 tileable diffuse texture) both textures use the map1 channel from UVs, allthough i linked #1 to UVset1 and #2 to UVset2.

well, my question now would be - how can i get rid of this and make maya display both textures on different UVsets correctly in viewport?

tia!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 01-03-2008 , 01:19 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
The Layered shader when applied to an object will not display The textures in the view port. Also the layered shader will place the 2 UV textures on top of each other.

So basically as long as your using a layered shader on your object, you wont be able to see the textures in view port.
You will only see them in Renders.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 01-03-2008 , 03:05 PM
but actually I do see my textures which are plugged into a layered shader in viewport. the only problem are the UV channels which are used to display my textures.

thx tho for your help!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.