Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-06-2003 , 04:12 AM

help with basic person model

i downloaded the basic person modeling tutorial... i got it working and when i modeled it to the point that it looked like a sphere with a tube coming out of it... now when i extrude the faces to make the body shape it gives me bumps instead of straight sides...(it tells me something like tweaks with history will be undesireable) i am kinda new at this whole maya thing... i have 4.0 and besides not knowing how to move the camera angle very fast... i dont know how to fix these problems... well if anyone could help me and letme know what i am doing wrong and let me know how to fix this problem... i would be most grateful... >_< ^_^

Dark hacker... and by the way if anyone wants to contact me via AIM... my screenname is Darkhacker420... thanx a bunchuser added image

P.S.: ill proly have a bunch of more problems... so thats why i put up the tread... instaed of post... lol user added image

# 2 06-06-2003 , 09:05 PM
I think you have Keep Faces Together unchecked.

Go to Polygon > Tool Options > Keep Faces Together.

About moving the camera. It's really just how fast youmove the mouse around.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 3 07-06-2003 , 06:03 AM

it worked

SWEET C|-|R!ST ON A CRACKER! IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH! i was starting to get wicked angry at it... and now i can finish this thing and not have it mess up on me... im 4eva in ur debt... thanx a bunch

~DaRkHaCkEr

# 4 11-06-2003 , 10:02 AM

another problem

yeah... i cant make a cab for this car i am making... i just have a large box and the seats&dash are missing... and it wont let me merge the verts to make the box attach to the car so its just kinda hangin out there... alos i am makin my car in polies and when i make the holes for where the tires go... and then smooth it... the tireholes are still block... which makes the car look uber crappy... i bow to the and ask...

:bow: what am i doing wrong master :bow:

if you could tell me i would be most grateful

~:spam3:

# 5 11-06-2003 , 10:05 AM

turnout on the character tut

oh also... thanx for the tip... i got the basic character shape done... but i dunno how to add specific detail to it... (i.e.: nose, mouth... balls, etc., etc....)

thanx for all your help pplz

# 6 23-06-2003 , 05:20 PM
going for anatomically correct huh?

and man, its more fun to make a female modeluser added image

cant help you though. maybe i can come over tomorrow and you can show me ow you made the person though.