Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-04-2005 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber

Snapshots

Here's a real newbie question lol..

How do you take snapshots in Maya. I've seen posts with work in progress and I would like to show some of my own.

Cheers!

# 2 07-04-2005 , 08:49 PM
Well i am pretty sure that you can do it in maya, but I only did it once but that was by hitting "print screen" found next to scroll lock. But when you hit it, you open up a program like Photoshop, then start a new image and just hit paste.

# 3 07-04-2005 , 08:53 PM
Subscriber
I also have a question about this. Im using a pc with windows xp, when you press print screen, does it save it to a certain folder or something?

# 4 07-04-2005 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber
Print screen captures the image to the windows clipboard. You can then paste the image into another file. If you have photoshop and you select new file while an image is in the clipboard you can create the image size to match the clipboard. Then just paste image in place. If you wan't more control there are several freeware/shareware capture utilitities. I personally use snagit on my XP at home. OS X has a grab utility which works very well (thats what I used for this capture).

Attached Thumbnails

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 07-04-2005 , 09:44 PM
Subscriber
if you can find it there is also a program called "grab clip save" that will just grab what is put on the clipbard when you press the printscreen and save to a file type you specifyed with numbered files. very handy.

# 6 07-04-2005 , 09:48 PM
Subscriber
Thanks guys and please comment my teethless work in progress:-)

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 07-04-2005 , 10:29 PM
Subscriber
ear's look a bit funky.. but other than that, looks pritty good. Don't know if its like what you wanted. but. Have something your aimming twoads ?

# 8 07-04-2005 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber
Yes I'm trying to make a 3d character out of a character that I did in a flash movie once, you can check it out here...

https://hem.passagen.se/mister.p/

..and yes, maybe the ears looks a bit funkyuser added image