Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 06-05-2005 , 12:38 PM
Subscriber

Take a look at my screen shot

Here is the problem Im having with my Graphics card.
It is a Radeon x800 pro. why would it do this and what can I do to change it , I have tried many things to no avail. I have the latest drivers
Please help as it's getting annoying now...cheers all

steve

Attached Thumbnails

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 2 06-05-2005 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber
I fixed all my graphic problems by replacing my ATI Radeon with a GeForce.

# 3 06-05-2005 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
--Using a Radeon X800 SE--
i'm not sure exactly how maya runs its viewports and such... but I know in MAX that whenever I would run OpenGL, I would get weird occurances in my viewport with lines running through my model and some smearing also... I switched to D3D... ; I am however, running OpenGL with no probs now... I have no clue why, but I downloaded the latest drivers as well as the latest CAtalyst utility... and I have none of the above now.. for some weird reason it works fine. But, as I havn't run maya (YET)... I'm not sure about the software/hardware driver thing.. feel free to correct me on anything guys.. not like you wouldn't anyway...... right....??