Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 21-08-2005 , 09:46 PM
Subscriber

Gromit!

this was as hard as i tried to make the head of grommit from the small cartoon seiries of "wallace and gromit" and i would be happy to tell anyone anything about my model

user added image

# 2 21-08-2005 , 09:55 PM
look good.but the dog look like he reflect the wall.i would like to see the wire and other image of your dog.

# 3 21-08-2005 , 10:34 PM
Subscriber
i got the wire frame but its high ploy , oh yeh and do you know what sort of material can get a nice cartoon look to it without a reflection , oh yeh and i have the model of wallce i made aswell , however he just doesnt look right im not sure what it is , if you can see what is rong please explan and give me a quick brief , i am keen to learn :attn:

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 4 23-08-2005 , 01:21 AM
look good.i love your style. for a good cartoon dog material... you can use a blinn material and put reflection to 0 or turn off ray tracing. texture will make your dog look a lot better.keep up the good work.

# 5 23-08-2005 , 01:24 AM
i think there is too much polygone on your character.its not a big problem, it will only render slower.i am looking foward to see your final project.user added image

for your wallace, i dont know him but he is looking good.maybe his face is too plate(i dont know if i can say plate in english lol)

Last edited by mc-fleury; 23-08-2005 at 01:27 AM.
# 6 23-08-2005 , 01:41 AM
Your picture of Gromit is very close to the original, but his nose is a bit too extended.
Wallace's mouth is a bit wider too; See picture below.
Other than that, you're doing really good user added image

Cheers,
Leouser added image

Attached Images

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 7 23-08-2005 , 10:54 AM
Subscriber
ty for all the help , but i just bought the free frog tutorial and i want to finishish that first , then ill move back to wallace and frommit and come back with a even better version of them