Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-01-2006 , 06:31 AM

Problem with the software

hello,

I am Jaswanth and I am a user of maya6.0.

I have a problem with the software.I created a subdivision surface and I right click that. In the menu that appears I selected vertex. The vertices appear on the screen. Now when I select any vertex or vertices ,it is not getting selected and after 2 or 3 seconds the program closes and I am out of maya.

I am not able find out the problem.Please help me to rectify the problem.

rock and roll
# 2 20-01-2006 , 10:26 PM
Yeeah... its a graphics card issue. Happens to me also, with my graphic card. See, mine does not support OpenGL, and, even though for me it tends to be faster with a 256 mb graphics card. it does tend to crash maya.

to anybody, and this would be your answer as well (I think):

How could you change Maya's active rendering from the base OpenGl? In 3ds Max there is a change graphics mode icon, but in maya????

Live the life you love, love the life you live