Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-11-2006 , 03:42 PM

How can I use Maya 8 unlim to do this?

Hello,

I'm sure that maya kind do this, but I need some direction on the steps necessary. Keep in mind that I am new to 3d, but pretty saavy w/ video editing SW. I've done some reading in the forum and it looks like "maya live" and importing the video as separate images is a start. From that point creating the models and tracking to the movement of the talent will be the difficult part (or maybe not??). Here is the link to what I want to do:
https://www.hp.com/personalagain/us/en/making_hands.html

Just need to know how to approach ths?

Thanks in advance.

Troy

# 2 05-11-2006 , 03:56 PM
To me theres no need to use Maya Live at all as the camera is stationary so you dont really need a camera track.

What I would do is import your footage into maya as an image plane on a new camera, set up the CG camera so that is the same settings as the one used to film the scene (focal legnth etc)

Then rotoscope the hands with CG hands (basicaly just match the CG hands movements to the actors (this can be seen in one of theose clips where the hands appear white) then model what you want, animate it to match the timings of the actors, texture then light it to match the lights used in the shooting of the video (might be best if you measure distances and positions at the time of shooting for light sources as this will aid you in re creating the lighting in Maya) and render in passes, colour, shadow, reflection, ambient etc

Take this output into a compositing software, such as after effects, shake etc and composite the different layers, adjusting as required, and that should do it in a nutchell.

Hope it helps in some way

Cheers

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle