Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-02-2007 , 12:09 PM

Another Logo?!?

Hi all,

Yep - doing yet another logo (gota pay bills somehowuser added image ). This logo will be used to intro streaming videos for the site e-dunia.com.

Basic logo model...

Attached Thumbnails

"If you think you can or if you think you can't....... you're right!"
- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 2 16-02-2007 , 12:10 PM
and a render showing the client's prefered color scheme...

Attached Thumbnails

- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 3 16-02-2007 , 12:14 PM
I originally rigged this little guy for animation, but it looked crap user added image . So I then opted to use simple bend and twist deformers and the result was far more satisfying..

Here is the 1st 'hop' cycle...

https://www.kickarz.com/bounce2.wmv (530Kb right click - save target as)

- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 4 16-02-2007 , 07:52 PM
Subscriber
Hey there Dave,

you can't go wrong with the non-linear deformers for really basic models. It's looking prety neat so far but perhaps you could move the centre of the squash deformer to the bottom of the logo, it would give it a little more weight as it hits the floor.

Hopefully the attached image will illustrate what I mean.

Keep at it,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by happymat27; 16-02-2007 at 07:55 PM.
# 5 16-02-2007 , 09:21 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Tiddles

I like a nice logo and this one is pretty neat. Im surprised however that you used geometry for the color parts instead of just doing a planar projection on it and just doing a texture. Anyways good stuff

Jay

# 6 16-02-2007 , 10:03 PM
Mat - good suggestion m8, movin the squash centre down wood give it more mass. I think I'll play with that a little & see how it looks.

Jay - the logo originally didn't have the white disc portion & was just the colored 'e d' geometry. The client then wanted it 'filled in' but I guess I wanted to use the work already done, so I ended up just adding a scaled sphere. Also at 1 point, the colored part was more pronounced. If I knew how it was gunna end up at the end before I started... then planar mapping wood been the way to go for sure.

Anyway, the sequence has progressed somewhat so I thought I paste another vid. Any & all comments are most welcome!

https://www.kickarz.com/shot1_test4.wmv (2.4Mb right pick - save target as)

Cheers,
Dave.

- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 7 16-02-2007 , 10:11 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Dave

Sure I understand, I dont think Id want to waste work either especially when changes are made after a huge effort has been made on your part already.

Good stuff
Jay