Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-10-2007 , 09:32 AM
Banned

The Shrimpman

Hi there!

I created this model for later use in an animation, but I don't think I will be able to finish that project. So I just post this model in the Finished work section user added image. He is called Shrimpman, and in the animation he was supposed to be a comical creature trying to get rid of\chop\crush a rock in the road that made him bail. Short story even shorter, the rock saves his life user added image

user added image

c&c are welcome user added image.

(I'm planning to study 3d-animation next year, and have spotted out animwork , anyone would recommend that... or any other school?

- Sepo

# 2 06-10-2007 , 10:45 AM
Hehe love classic cartoony stories user added image, nicejob.

Not a bad try, the torso feels fine but i feel the arms face and neck could do with a little more definition.

The model is good the feet and legs seem a little squared and im struggling to imagine what the legs would look like under it.

In terms of animation schools its hard to say, what do you want to do. Character animation, compositing, modelling, rigging, vfx? Where are you in the world?

If you know what you want to end up doing just focus in that one area and become fantastic at it, dont try and be a modeller, texture artist, vfx artist, character animator, rigger all at once.

# 3 07-10-2007 , 06:01 PM
Banned
"dont try and be a modeller, texture artist, vfx artist, character animator, rigger all at once." Hehe, I know. Many people are telling me that. But I got so many crazy ideas in my head, and to express them I need to learn all that. ^^

But when the time comes, I will go for character animation. What is a good modeled character without good expressions and movements? I really like to see the punch and gravity in characters.

As for the model, I thank you for the critique. =)

Sepo