Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 30-10-2004 , 03:21 PM

Education

Hi!

I visited a page of Academy of Arts in San Francisco and they are offering an education in Animation&Visual fx.
So, whats the quality of education in Anim&Visfx, how much are they proffesional and I'm still confused how much it cost?
If anyone has an expirience or infromation about that collage I would appreciate or if you know is there a better collage with lower cost...???
Please advice me, its a big step and lot of money!

Sorry for my English!

# 2 10-11-2004 , 02:49 AM
Subscriber
I did not go to AAC but i've known ppl who did. The best parts of this college from what i've heard is that it's in an area where there are lots of studios and a few instructors are also professionals. They offer what they call Pixar classes because lectures are given by actual pixar employees... i think there's also an ILM class.

I don't know about price though, sorry.

Hope this helps,
George

God Bless you and 3D
# 3 10-11-2004 , 07:35 PM
Subscriber
Its about $22,000 to $30,000 a year for everything. Room, school, books, etc. I been lookin at this college to finish up and get my bachlors.

# 4 11-11-2004 , 12:53 PM
What other alternatives do we have?
I mean a college or may be it'll be enough an animation school. (Much less cost)

I wonder may be it's better to learn particularly animation in a school during a year?

Who can advise a good school in Europe? Please.

# 5 11-11-2004 , 01:08 PM
The main problem - it's money, caus for 30000$ I can buy an apartment, I'd say a good workstation,
a lot of DVDs. Talking about software, it's not a problem in Ukraine & Russia. All U need is to take about 20 $ with the help of which U will get all versions of Maya, 3dMax, Softimage, all existing Adobe products + Windows, Linux – whatever U want.
And what is more interesting it's considering legal within the country.

But all the same we are all self-teachers, so to more professional, one has to go to Europe or States.
That's the situation here, maybe U didn't know.

# 6 15-11-2004 , 06:16 PM
Thank you all!

That's too much for me, looks like I will have to buy all this DVDs and books from internet...my God...
I just thoght it would be nice to learn from professionals and their works but once again money is an object that stopped the project!...hmm...Wu-Tang style
There is so much to learn and I would really like to dedicate myself to CGI world, but one way or another it's really expensive and takes a lot of time,especially now when I work!

How do you guys collect all the knowledge, experience?
Inetret is pritty poor of professional tutorials for Maya!
And one more, what DVDs do you suggest for: modeling, animation, rendering, texturing, MEL scripting...?
I'm interested in ******'s DVD, so if any can give me advice about that!

Once again thanks for your time and once again I'm so sorry about my English!

# 7 15-11-2004 , 06:21 PM
Why was I censored in my last sentence???
The word that is censored is G.n.o.m.o.n's

Ohh my Go, even media hates me,why,oooo why...