Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-12-2006 , 03:28 AM

Cognac glass

I'm gonna model this cognac glass and render it and see how close to the original I can get.

Attached Images
# 2 14-12-2006 , 03:35 AM
Senior Software Developer
Good Luck...

You need Caustics, GI, FR and MR to help you out to achieve this.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 14-12-2006 , 03:41 AM
Yep, but I'll be using Maxwell so I'll get everything needed. FR? You mean FG? And it's not like it's a must to use MR, there are other renderers you know...

# 4 14-12-2006 , 04:23 AM
Ok, so I modeled the glass. I think it looks pretty accurate. Now on to the easy part, the render user added image

Attached Images
# 5 14-12-2006 , 03:24 PM
First test-rendering. This one has just two lights.

I'm not sure if I should use an HDRI or model a simple environment to get the reflections. I'll try with a HDRI first.

Attached Images
# 6 14-12-2006 , 05:29 PM
hdri would be your better bet, but excpect your render times to skyrocket. however, I think that's the only way you get the reflections that you want. You have to consider that making an environment and letting it reflect off of the glass involves slight blurring from distance and DOF in the glass (impreceivable, yet the time increase IS perceivable user added image)

Good luck!

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 7 15-12-2006 , 12:08 AM
Ok, I still have the two lights and also an HDRI. The pic show different intensities of the tree lightsources.

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 15-12-2006 , 01:06 PM
In my opinion the one at the bottom middle is nearest to your reference. Looks good though.