Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 46 13-02-2011 , 08:52 AM
Subscriber
Bullet even with the basic textures the start of your interior looks pretty cool. I like the detail of the racing style seats and steering wheel you're using.

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 47 13-02-2011 , 11:35 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks CG...Im trying hard LOL...Im not so good at this...technically Im still green....but I will give it a shot none the less.

Here is the fire suppression units..all I have to do is fit the tubes and nozzles in the correct areas and attach them to the units..Im not going to pissfart around with wiring to them...well not yet..if I have time at the end I might.

Dials are on TD and switches.....the 2 tabs on the left are 'go' and 'whoa', I think Im stuck on where to put the throttle...LOL.

EDIT: figured out the throttle placement...will be attached to the side of the cockpit....

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 13-02-2011 at 11:46 AM.
# 48 13-02-2011 , 12:04 PM
Subscriber
Loving the inside stuff mate -looks spot on -getting started back on mine today so watch out - it looks like I`m now playing catch up with you

# 49 13-02-2011 , 12:55 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL Tweety Im no where near as quick as you so I will take the head start mate dont worry...

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 50 13-02-2011 , 03:48 PM
Nice cockpit. Im hoping to get enough done on my exterior to work on the cockpit before the end.

still love the roll cage though

# 51 13-02-2011 , 04:28 PM
19 year Veteran
That interior is looking top notch bullet, and to say your still new to this is impressive. Aren't you glad you decided to enter this challenge after all?

How about some wire frame shots instead of renders?

# 52 14-02-2011 , 01:16 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks guys....turned it all off for now...MR was being a bitch again!!! yeh THX will post some wires 0500 or so when I get up for work mate...LOL dont worry I have a bazillion faces...bahahahah poly count is maxing out now...bah..doesnt bother me as long as my lappy doesnt melt...will do in the morning peoples...Im new..yes..but I agree this challenge is within my humble skills....

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

# 53 15-02-2011 , 05:41 AM
Lifetime Member

bullet1968

# 54 15-02-2011 , 06:56 AM
That cockpit is coming a long real nice bullet. Keep it up!

# 55 15-02-2011 , 11:03 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks Skippy...might have a go later...it was REAL BLOODY hot out there today...and I was pegging roads nearly all day...no shade...sigh.

I will TRY tonight if I dont just fall in an exhausted heap the racing harness and buckles...I will have to use a ref for sure as I have never seen one up close...see how I go.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 56 22-02-2011 , 01:54 PM
Lifetime Member
Well I have been bloody busy...did a little tonight (well not much). Put some handles in the cockpit and gave it a name LOL...I will try and get more done in the next few days and on the weekend...

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

# 57 23-02-2011 , 11:54 AM
Lifetime Member
No it wasnt 5 mins work...more like quite a few hours. I agree it is simple but I also remember that complexity was not a requirement. The Challenge was to produce a fast looking object. Texture wasnt required but would be advantageous. My skills are fine and Im happy to enter it as a noob and learn a bit...you dont learn to bleed unless you have had a go.

I will however say this.....whilst finding time to hone my skills I have been Surveying...so building a real environment takes precedence mate...that pays the bucks.

I will try to improve of course...I have a couple of days to alter shapes....

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 58 23-02-2011 , 12:40 PM
The thin red line
As far as I know The_08 this challenge is open to all levels of maya users. It would be nice to make helpfull comments..........dave

# 59 23-02-2011 , 12:52 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks dave its cool mate..LOL its all about fun, learning from others such as yourself...and genuinely putting in the time...however little to enhance your artistic skills. I model life...roads/pipes/paths etc so this to me is therapy...like an open book man...line 2 sentance 1...FUN...and thats what Im having.

Sometimes there has to be a clown...mastone has made that his niche LOL and well done I say. To be truth...Im cool with what I can do...its in the challenge...if you dont likes the boat...then I fish more for me...he he he he he I am learning...thats what a challenge is for, to challenge you....whether you come first or last is irrelevant...its whether you participated...I dropped out before because of graffs...not this time.

Bahahahaha

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 60 23-02-2011 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber
@ The_08

Yours at the moment is not much better than a tron rip off (see anyone can be nasty), and cheap attacking posts like that are not welcome. Bullet quite kindly helped me out while I was stuck in a rut with my design - giving advise that helper, not put my work down. As daverave said this is open to everyone and we here at simplymaya want everyone to take part - no matter the skill - even you.

bullets entry is different and just looking though the wip you can see the planing that has gone into this one. The cock pit is well thought out and although there is not too much detail on the outer shell - who cares - Speed boats are all basic looking anyway.
Apart from the multicolours used I see no faults in his work - and I even told him as much so.

@ bullet

Good for you not droping out. I think he has just seen your last screen shot and not bothered to look at the whole WIP. I got my skills in Maya from doing these comps and I now have 3 medals - what's he got 7 posts most in his own thread. People like that is why I don`t use CGTalk.

Always criting never helping

Last edited by tweetytunes; 23-02-2011 at 05:20 PM.