Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-03-2005 , 05:52 PM

March/April - Noob - AliO

I can't really be bothered to make some technical drawings at the moment (although I'll most likely make some up later) but my idea for a robot would be to create a small 'SolderBot' for aiding in the creation of microelectronics (ICs etc). It will be able to move freely using either infrared or sonic sensors and directional jets. Its main function will be to heat and dispense solder onto critical point, but it can also perform QA and fault-finding actions also.

I'm currently working on the jets for the bot, which I'll post soon.

# 2 28-03-2005 , 11:22 PM
Subscriber
intresting little idea.

# 3 29-03-2005 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
Those are going to be some mighty small jets user added image

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 30-03-2005 , 04:33 PM
Well I've done some modelling though it's not that good at the moment (I'm a total noob user added image) but hopefully you guys will have some critique for me.

Here is a render of the main body, it's just a revolved CV curve that I've done some deformation on. The ridge on the back is where the solder will be stored/heated etc and there are bulges on the nose of the model which will eventually form the sensors:

Attached Thumbnails