Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-06-2005 , 07:48 PM

Background texture?

Can any one tell's me how to hold the image quilty? when i am making it big or is this not posible?

This is the picture

Greetz,
Serhat

# 2 13-06-2005 , 08:14 PM
Subscriber
Looks like you need a higher res image texture on the background geometry. Pixels are still pixels when brought in to 3D, so you'll get ugly results from enlarging a low-rez image in maya, just like you would in photoshop.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 13-06-2005 , 08:23 PM
Owh oke thank you for your reply, does any one's know where i can find big images?

# 4 13-06-2005 , 08:27 PM
Would making the background and the aircraft smaller work?

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 5 14-06-2005 , 04:45 PM
Hmm, I will test it thak you for your advise user added image

# 6 14-06-2005 , 05:50 PM
Subscriber
No, that would only make the scene smaller. Why not just doing a google search for sky texture, or just plain old "sky" and make sure you have Large selected for image size. Or just do a quick web search for it and maybe you will find some good texture websites.

EDIT: SHAZZAM. how do you like me now? Nice model by the way.
(make sure you save the WHOLE PICTURE, just hold your cursor over the picture until a little box in the bottom right corner comes up, then click on it, it should enlarge. Then just right click, save picture as)

https://www.plainsfolk.com/seminar/we...argo%20Sky.jpg

https://textures.boom.ru/texture/sky.htm

Last edited by alienscience; 14-06-2005 at 05:56 PM.
# 7 14-06-2005 , 06:45 PM
Did you made an Image plane in maya and rendered the whole thing together?
or did you render the aircraft on its own to set the rendered picture on the sky picture?

# 8 15-06-2005 , 04:24 PM
thnx for the posting, i had renderd it al at same time so i had used the background texture at a plane en rendered same with the plane. orr is there an other way to render it with a high quilty?

greets,
Serhat

# 9 15-06-2005 , 05:42 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by alienscience
No, that would only make the scene smaller. Why not just doing a google search for sky texture, or just plain old "sky" and make sure you have Large selected for image size. Or just do a quick web search for it and maybe you will find some good texture websites.

EDIT: SHAZZAM. how do you like me now? Nice model by the way.
(make sure you save the WHOLE PICTURE, just hold your cursor over the picture until a little box in the bottom right corner comes up, then click on it, it should enlarge. Then just right click, save picture as)

https://www.plainsfolk.com/seminar/we...argo%20Sky.jpg

https://textures.boom.ru/texture/sky.htm

Um, did you not read what I said. Just get one of the pix I put from the links on the plane, you will have a much higher resolution, and therefore better pictures. READ FOOL (dr. T accent)

# 10 15-06-2005 , 07:50 PM
you can render the aircraft and render also the alpha channel
then you take Photoshop or any other good image editing prog and you load your background image an make a good size to it so the quality is good. then you load up you rendered aircraft image and in PS you simply have to drag the image (which shoud be only the aircraft without the black background from maya render) into you sky image.

# 11 15-06-2005 , 09:46 PM
Subscriber
Why not just render it with both the plane AND the background plane. All you need to do is replace the cloud picture that you have on the plane (background plane, not flying plain) with one of the pictures that are on the websites that I put up. Not that hard really.

# 12 16-06-2005 , 06:36 PM
Hmmm, i have tested what you said. its a bit little better then what i did but i wil try that other option to to render first that background en then the plane alone without the background thank you for the options.

greetz,
Serhat

# 13 16-06-2005 , 09:16 PM
Subscriber
Then you wont get the proper reflection with the paste the airplane on the sky.

Edit: How about a pic of what happened after you rendered my idea?

# 14 18-06-2005 , 07:26 AM
You have right then i can't get reflection but what you said is oke larger picture to use for background but it isnt make a such difference i think i must use just the air from maya self, i can't find an other way. but thank you for your hulp guysuser added image

Greetz,
Serhat

# 15 18-06-2005 , 06:45 PM
Subscriber
If you render without the image plane, just map the image to reflection chanel of your shader. Then composit in Photoshop or equivalent. If you use the image alienscience found of the sunset, remember to light the scene correctly user added image

Jock.