Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 136 23-10-2005 , 12:45 AM
The Maya Mountain
Very impressive so far!

# 137 23-10-2005 , 11:47 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Looking at this render again, the armor just bugs the hell outta me and the saddle is way too dark. I believe I will take a more shiny worn metal approach with rivets and perhaps some brass/gold accents.

Dave

I did say alot earlier about more spec on the armour etc. Didnt I?
Didnt I?Didnt I?Didnt I?Didnt I?Didnt I?Didnt I?Didnt I?Didnt I?

But oh no you had to do it YOUR WAY!! LOLuser added image

Someday you'l listen someday...

Jay :bandit:

# 138 23-10-2005 , 03:17 PM
Jay- How much coffee have you had today?

# 139 23-10-2005 , 06:17 PM
Actually I think it was the intake of last nites alcohol still in the system, I was just wrecked bro!! That ws the first Saturday Night in ages when I havent dont any 3d!! Never again man!! LOL

Jay

# 140 23-10-2005 , 07:30 PM
Still in the system? What was it, 6 shots and 12 beers?
Yeah, when I get a few in me I start crying like a baby and tell everyone how much I love them and next thing I know I'm waking up with my chin perched on the edge of a urinaluser added image
Good thing my professional drinking days are over!

But, yes you were right about the armoruser added image

Dave

# 141 23-10-2005 , 07:49 PM
Chin perched on the urinal!! LOL!!

I cant stand the taste of those pineapple sweets people leave in those!!:bandit:

Jay

# 142 25-10-2005 , 05:13 AM
Only a week left!. I hope I haven't screwed myself for time by re-doing the armor, but the more I looked at how it was the more it bothered me. So heres a new and hopefully improved design. This is actually more of what I originally had in mind when I started modeling the rider. I may have gone a bit crazy with the duplicate function but once I discovered how easy it is to constrain one piece of geometry to another and also constrain it to the normal direction I just couldn't stop!

New textures will be next. The shield will have a worn painted wood look with irregular planks. The armor will have an antique steel look complete with blurry reflections ... I hope user added image
https://tenthchoir.com/Sept_Oct_Challenge040.jpg

# 143 25-10-2005 , 07:39 AM
nice remodelling user added image
He looks far better armoured now which would help tons if he was actually jousting. The shield will look cool but practicality would suggest that the wood wouldn't last long with big jousting impacts.

Its getting better every time user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 144 25-10-2005 , 04:40 PM
verry nice!!!!:bow:
i especially like the folded piece of cloth, bound by leather string.

are we supposed to vote for the challenge winner? if so, you've got my vote buddy. user added image

you have a great sense of aesthetics, colors. your models seem alive, ready to move. i really hope you make some animation out of this.

Last edited by utpal; 25-10-2005 at 04:43 PM.
# 145 25-10-2005 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber
nice modeling, and texturing. I think u kinda over did the armour a bit. Maybe its just me but i kinda prefered the older look. With claws and all. Makes them look more of a team, matches the bird more with the bone\claws sticking out of the armour. I think.
I guess u cant please everyone.
Anyway, both armour types look good! user added image

<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11595">Click</a> Desert Eagle
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4250#post4250">Click</a> Gas Lantern
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11714">Click</a> Gas Lantern
# 146 28-10-2005 , 10:42 PM
Your character is awesome. You may have went a little over board with the armor, but its still cool. The textures are coming out great too. My only suggestion would be to possibly add something to the hair texture, to make it look more like strans of hair, or to add depth to it. The hair that is sticking out doesn't look so good as compared to the rest of the model.

I love the creature (especially the feathers) and the way you render your images adds a very nice touch. I think you should win.

# 147 31-10-2005 , 06:48 AM
Heres an almost final version. The more I look at this thing the more I see things I wanna fix. The wings need to be re-attached 'cause I made some adjustments to their placement. Also there are quite a few things I meant to re-texture but had to settle for blocked out colors. 2 months and its still not done?? Man, I must be sloooow!

I've had an awesome time participating in this. I learned so much more than I thought I would. And I made some new friendsuser added image
https://tenthchoir.com/Sept_Oct_Challenge041.jpg

# 148 31-10-2005 , 06:56 AM
cool man ... thats really nice keep it up user added image

https://www.imageocean.net/
Free Photo Hosting!
# 149 31-10-2005 , 08:29 AM
this is the most impressive low poly model i 've ever seen ! very good job !

# 150 31-10-2005 , 11:04 AM
Hahahahaha! Man, you did it again!! It's spectacular! Much better that I expected. Don't worry about things you believe you have to fix, they are unnoticeable for us, simple human beings. Many congrats for your amazing job. It was a really well spent time, these two last months, don't you think?