Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-10-2006 , 03:11 AM
Subscriber

Nissan Skyline r34

lol I get bit sidetrack seeing that i have to do my lambo but im doing this for the drift competition on the site sektor-41 and the inport tuner contest 2 on smcars.net. Its going to be a fun competition. I pretty much know im not going to win because htey have awsome modelers but it would be fun to see if i even get a vote lol 1 vote and ill be pleased. anyways heres what i have so far. The front mouth is a bit huge because i want to stuff a 24x32x3 inch intercooler in it. I have tha on my eclipse but my intercoolger was originally made for askyline so i kno how wide that mouth has to be. here it goes

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 2 04-10-2006 , 03:12 AM
Subscriber
pic 2. im still not sure how i want to do the fron bumper since im going to put a body kit on it so right now, im leaving it

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 3 04-10-2006 , 03:13 AM
Subscriber
and wireframe

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 4 04-10-2006 , 03:43 AM
Subscriber
what is that logo/image on the conrners of the hood of the car. its in all 3 images?

# 5 04-10-2006 , 03:55 AM
Subscriber
its the hood pins. ill upload a pic of them, they re old from a different car but since these cars have to be tuned and most tuned cause have hoodpins to hold down the hood at high speeds. i had to put them on mines. ill have em in a few secs

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 6 04-10-2006 , 03:57 AM
Subscriber
ok heres a pic. this was made like last yr when i fis started to model so its alot off but since they are so small and you dont see them up close unless i did a render of them, im just going to elave as is. i know the hold the hoop is going through has to be longer in order for the pin to go through but like i said this si old and ill never have a upclose pic so... ill prob leave it.

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 7 04-10-2006 , 04:37 AM
i never understood... what are those even for?

Accept no substitutions.
# 8 04-10-2006 , 04:40 AM
Subscriber
well if you ever go faster then 100mph, your hood starts to wobble. they were originally used to keep your hood from wobbling or even falling off because i had a friend whos hood crack because of t he wabbling and it was carbon fiber which has no weight to it. the high speends made it wobble to much, it cracked bad and t hey are expensive so it like used to keep it locked in position for racer. NOW lol no one uses it for that since i see civics with under 200 hp with it, not its more for show and design but most ppl who race have them

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 9 04-10-2006 , 09:56 AM
not bad i was think about entering those competitions but i dont want to have so many cars to work at the same time.

# 10 05-10-2006 , 04:41 PM
those are the sparco hood pins that i have on my car lol
i have em cuz i have a carbon fiber, and when you go highway speeds or beyond, the hood flexs. Since the latch is just attached to carbon fiber, and not metal, it is possible for it to come loose, esp if it is a cheaper hood. I would much rather make sure my hood stays closed then flap up at highway speeds :attn:

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 11 05-10-2006 , 07:31 PM
Subscriber
hey everyone, this is ericmattison81. I decided to change my name to something I represent like my car lol. forum-snowboarder, those pins should do the trick as long as you have the real pins instead on the replica ones used for looks. they pretty good cause I remember last year my friend had a head on collision and when I say his front end was totale, lol the only thing left was the hood because it was locked with the pins. I mean it even came off the latch and went into the windshield and it crack obviousky but the pins is what actually saved his life since the hood would have went right through without them. we used to cruise doing over 100 all the time and he buys nothing but CHEAP parts. he's a ebay king but never once had any problems so you should be ok.

# 12 05-10-2006 , 08:57 PM
nothing but real parts on my car lol
the sparco pins aren't that much though.. only $50 or so
car parts = too much $$ down the hole
bump for the r34 - good job so far

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 13 17-10-2006 , 11:16 AM
Subscriber
Ok heres a small update

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 17-10-2006 , 11:19 AM
Subscriber
Another shot, i have a few more pics left haha i realized i forgot to unhide the headlight

Attached Thumbnails
# 15 17-10-2006 , 11:27 AM
Subscriber
spoiler

Attached Thumbnails