Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 01-06-2008 , 07:42 PM

Has anyone faced this problem

Hello Guys!

This is my first in Simply Maya...........i am facing a minor problem with my display of manipulators in my orthographic viewports. Any of the manipulators (move, rotate, scale) is not displayed in the viewports............But in the perspective view only move and scale can be viewed and rotates are not displayed.

I have repeatedly been doing a fresh installation but the efforts are in vain............Can anyone figure out why this is happening and provide me a solution?

Thanks a ton guys!

Simply Maya Junkie

Bharath

# 2 01-06-2008 , 08:28 PM
Hey there,

Its either your GFX cards not up to the job or you need to install the latest drivers.

This is a common problem and if you do a search or look in the FAQ sticky in the newbie and basics forum you should find it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 02-06-2008 , 07:18 AM
Subscriber
there is a possibilty your camera limits are too small/too large. If you select your camera and open the attrritube editor (ctrl+a by default) adjust the value of the far clip plane to say 1000000 and see if you get any positive results. Clip planes can cause all kinds of viewport errors especially ones that you won't see in the perspective as you are constantly moving around in that one and sit in most cases closer than any of the other cameras.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”