Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-01-2011 , 09:56 PM
Subscriber

IKSpline with clusters

Hi folks.
I am setting up a standard tounge for a dog which is deformed with the offset on the IKspline.

The issue I have is that when I create clusters to deforem the curve and arent them to a joint so they go along for the ride they dont have any effect on the curve and the tounge setup stays where is it in the scene. BUT! if I select the clusters them selves the curve does move, it's only when I parent them to a joint and rotate that joint nothing happens.

So why doesnt the curve move when the clusters are parented to a joint?

Thanks for any help
S

Attached Files
File Type: zip IKSpline With clusters.zip (10.8 KB, 260 views)

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 2 29-01-2011 , 01:49 AM
EduSciVis-er
Well I can't seem to read your file with 2009, but I tried setting up a cluster parented to a joint, and rotating the joint does move the curve, so not sure what's up in your particular case. If you upload a .ma I might be able to modify the file and read it.

# 3 29-01-2011 , 09:39 AM
Subscriber
Sorry about that it is a Maya 2011 file here is an .ma cant remember if "ignore version" is available in 2009 in the open options.

Attached Files
File Type: zip IKSpline With clusters.zip (22.3 KB, 250 views)

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 4 29-01-2011 , 04:56 PM
EduSciVis-er
Yeah it is, but I still got errors. I tried modifying the .ma in notepad for 2009, but it still doesn't want to open. Not sure where the incompatibility is lying. Hopefully someone else can read it.