Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 46 19-04-2003 , 12:26 AM
He shoudl get his done with time to spare.

Thanks M, mine came out a LOT better than i thought it would. I surprised hybrid a lot. lol. I still cant biliee i made it. wait... did i?

Is there any way to show more than one image per reply?

I didnt worki on mine any more than to texture it but its no texture competition.

Glad for the extension, me breaking my leg and hybrid having his own troubles we had little striahgt modeling timeuser added image

# 47 19-04-2003 , 12:32 AM
Last battle with extended schedule.

**EDIT**
@Twisteddragon33
:
You can always stitch them together mate. user added image
(Be sure to scale them down a bit though)

Last edited by adldesigner; 19-04-2003 at 12:38 AM.
# 48 19-04-2003 , 12:37 AM
hey. i was on time by 3 hoursuser added image

now im just waiting for hybrid to finish his so it can be judged.

Its going to be a poll right?

Well im going to go yell at him online to hurry up.

# 49 19-04-2003 , 12:42 AM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33

Its going to be a poll right?

I believe M´s has the latest word on that.

I was reinforcing M´s point.
Battles should be fought in schedule.
If they can´t be, then better not start them.
That said, be sure to check the tournaments as they´ll surely provide a good way of battling while staying in schedule and such.
user added image

# 50 19-04-2003 , 12:53 AM
i cant do the tournements because i use lw while they are maya tournements.

And the schedual would have worked fine if i didnt get serioulsy injured and he hadnt been unforseably withheld from his computer for an extended time period.

Remember.. we are teenagers. life altering things can happen in a fraction of a second for us and are rarely in our controluser added image

# 51 19-04-2003 , 12:59 AM
Subscriber
Hey, your battle will not be decided by poll, as there is not a moderator in the battle. Instead it gets brought over to the mods (which we have now worked out) and we decide who the winner is user added image. Alright hope this clears things up user added image. BTW, yea.. if something tragic happens again though, then thats kinda crappy hey? Lol, well.. that would be strike one.. even if it was tragic.. as i have had some tragic things happen and have still had to stay up super late to make deadlines. Anyways, that doesnt matter user added image. And Twisted, if you use lightwave i am pretty sure you can join the tournaments. That rule is not in stone though, so i would have to talk it over with ceasar, the emperor of rome (aka.. kevin). Alright, good job so far hybrid.. keep it up user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 19-04-2003 at 01:02 AM.
# 52 19-04-2003 , 01:18 AM

Remember.. we are teenagers. life altering things can happen in a fraction of a second for us and are rarely in our controluser added image

Lol my dear friend, what makes you think that only happens to teenagers? :p

# 53 19-04-2003 , 01:19 AM
Simply Maya OG

Yes, very well said Twisted.

as i have had some tragic things happen and have still had to stay up super late to make deadlines.

M, man. Not everyone is allowed to say up 'super late' and work on stuff. Im only 17, and I have a bedtime, and with school, things do get alittle hectic....and with a certian someone nagging you, that keeps asking you if you like her anymore... I try and get as much done as possible. I will do my best to meet the deadline. user added image

- Hybrid
# 54 19-04-2003 , 01:22 AM
Simply Maya OG

Originally posted by adldesigner
Last battle with extended schedule.

Now, Im not the one to pick a fight with anyone, trust me Im not, but I did not know ADL was a mod here at the Battle Arena. But seeming he IS a mod at the other forums, I will respect his words. user added image

- Hybrid
# 55 19-04-2003 , 01:25 AM
Subscriber
Hey hybrid.. dont take anything im saying thinking its in any way a angry tone. I understand what you are saying, with bedtime and all.. thats why i extended it.. i am just saying when tragic things happen its sucks.. and the reason those rules are on there is so that all the battles can be finished. Usually tragic things dont happen during each challenge though so its usually fine. This doesnt put any bad rep on you, seeing that as adl said, its the last battle with extended schedule. Hope you can get it in by sunday man user added image.

# 56 19-04-2003 , 01:46 AM

Originally posted by I-Iybrid
Now, Im not the one to pick a fight with anyone, trust me Im not, but I did not know ADL was a mod here at the Battle Arena.

Take a bit more holistic approach mate, I believe M was very clear when he said he wanted this one to be the last one with the schedule extending thing. I reinforced that.
Mods are supposed to encourage each other, and help if possible. M´s making an excellent work with the battles and the Tournament -coming from someone who had the same troubles some months ago- and as such I wanted to help out a bit. I strongly believe I did not infringe any laws, nor make any inappropiate remark. I just reinforced M´s point.

As per the teenagers things, I actually believe its bullshit (pardon the french boys). That´s the way it goes.
I had an interesting talk with my dad in the beach the other day, he asked me if I felt I had the same responsability for things as I had them 3 years ago. I told him I did not. I felt I had a lot more, and surely enough I feel that in 3 years I´ll have more of those.

Please do not try to tell me that "we´re teenagers and as such we have things that we cannot control" since believe me, that will happen for the rest of your life mates, it´s only how you handle those ... that matters.

In any case, since I know this might become a flame fest, I would personally like it, if we could continue with the battle -which is turning great if you ask me- and drop the topic. Just think a bit about it.

Regards people, user added image

# 57 19-04-2003 , 02:03 AM
True... you have responsiblity when your adults too...

but when you are teenagers as me and hybrid...

I severaly broke my ankle in 3 places, tore all the tendons and im sapposed to have surgery in a few days. I was absent from the competition for about 3 days with painkillers and insanely blinding pain min my leguser added image.

He on the other hand had family issues. and i dont think any of you realize how hardassed his parents are. i mean.. hes 17 witha bedtime for christ sakes. I can stay up till 4 in the morning on a school night to finish a project if i feel like it. he is strictly prohibited from staying up after 10.

But another issue....

as long as both parties agree to a delay... extension of the project whats the harm? its a friendly competition anyway.. doesnt make sense if you punish them for an agreement made between the peopel actually battling.

Of course there would be no delays for tournemtns though.

Maybe some of the rules shoudl be rethought. That are made in digital pixals. not stoneuser added image.... hell even stone can be rechisseled.

Last edited by twisteddragon33; 19-04-2003 at 02:13 AM.
# 58 19-04-2003 , 06:46 AM
Subscriber
Yea, in a way twisted i feel that rule is a weird one. Just the last thing i would want to see is a bunch of people postponing battles because they dont feel like modelling it. one thing about a deadline is it gets you fof your ass and involved with maya.. if you find it hard getting started in the first place. Anyways, yea.. like adl said.. i understand exactly what your saying.... teenage is not a long time ago for a lot of us. Anyways, teenage or adult... both are tough, financially and emotionally, along with stressful times. Anyways, pointless conversation.. i will see about that rule twisted.. maybe you can postpone up to once in a battle if the opposite opponent feels the same way user added image. I will talk to kevin tommorow.. cya.

# 59 19-04-2003 , 06:48 AM
Actually rules were devised by M and the moderators, because they would give chance to actually see the battles develop and finish, instead of lingering on.

Why not try to set better thought finishing dates? That´s better than having the need to postpone them. user added image
By the way, hope you get better of the feet. user added image

**EDIT** Hmm, M posted before of me | Take into account his post then. user added image

# 60 19-04-2003 , 07:05 AM
Subscriber
Were both too fast for eachother adl.. were on these posts like hounds user added image. Heheheh.