Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 25-05-2012 , 03:58 AM

Scrambled Model

The attached image is a screenshot of a failed model I was working on in Maya based off character modelling tutorial (BTW if it's not too much trouble, could someone recommend me a good character modelling tutorial? This one was from creativecrash. It was good, but it left out explaining a few major things that I either had to figure it out or skip).

I've experienced this problem before, but I want to know why the model is so scrambled and why Maya ocassionally does that.

Also, (while I don't have a screenshot of it now) how come sometimes in Maya's cameras glitch when changing camera views. Sometimes you can't see anything at all at a certain angle or things will disappear and reappear.

Attached Thumbnails

Check out my Spark Comic Webcomic: https://sparkcomic.com
# 2 25-05-2012 , 09:52 AM
The thin red line
If you upload your scene file I or others will have a look at it, the camera thing sounds like near plane clipping go to panel view/camera attributes/"near clip plane" change the setting there to a lower value.............dave

# 3 25-05-2012 , 06:50 PM
He may actually have the near clip plane value set too low. I see this kind of artifacting when the near c.ip plane value is set too low.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 4 25-05-2012 , 07:41 PM
Subscriber
were u going between polys and sub D's? cause i had something similar happen while doing that.