Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 06-11-2003 , 05:29 PM

Problems extruding faces

Hi, I am an animation student and new to the forum. I been working in Maya for a few months and lately I been having problems when I extrude faces. I check the box to keep the faces together but everytime I re-use the tool it resets to unchecked. It is not an real problem but when I am modeling it gets kind of annoying to have to go back to the attributes editor to check the box again. I would appreciate if anyone has any info. Thanks

# 2 06-11-2003 , 07:01 PM
I had the exact same problem, if you do what you said and then hit save preferences in the file menu, I think that might sort it user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 06-11-2003 , 08:00 PM
Subscriber
Ok you need to set this option to default. Go to Modeling menu set / polygons/tool options/ keep faces together. check this option and it will be set as default all the time.

Also take note of the keep faces planer option that comes in handy sometimes.:p

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com

Last edited by 3djoe; 06-11-2003 at 08:02 PM.
# 4 06-11-2003 , 08:12 PM
# 5 07-11-2003 , 06:09 AM
Thanks for all your input it finally work, now I can model in peace!
GRX78