Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-11-2003 , 04:30 AM

My mesh is frozen!

Okay, this is the wierd one to end all wierd ones.... my 3D mesh is like, frozen. All of the modifiers (like, the 3D movement and size things) are "greyed out", as are all the attributes. Deleting by history does nothing. I can't quite figure this one out. Anyone have a clue here? ^__^

# 2 27-11-2003 , 04:38 AM
Subscriber
just a shot in the dark but you might have made it live buy accident.. try Modify > Make Live. or it might say Modify > Make Not Live.. just a chance..

or you could have made it a templat.. that would be in the atribute editer for the object.. which you will have to select buy using your outliner.. but thin on the atribute editer, I think its under display or display overrights..

sorry for the not very corect responce but I don't have maya open right in frunt of me at the moment..

# 3 27-11-2003 , 06:25 AM
Subscriber
is this geo rigged by any chance?...if not
the hypergraph may help u solve ur problem, see if it's getting some unknown connection from a node. this happens to me 2 sometimes (by accident of course)

# 4 27-11-2003 , 06:08 PM
you may have accidentally locked the channels....

In the channel box the atts will be greyed out...

select the greyed out channels in the channel box... right click in the fields > unlock
Joe

rasterfarian