Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-02-2004 , 03:52 PM

help me, i cant animate!

i realize the simply maya moderators probably wont like this question, but i must ask, where can i get a free tutorial on animating deformations in my character's face? it doesnt seem to move when i try just regular keyframing

# 2 26-02-2004 , 04:01 PM
Post a few pics up so i can have a better look at what your saying....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 26-02-2004 , 07:26 PM
when i deform the mouth and try to keyframe it, the animation doesnt show any changes, so dont really know what to do (and i realize this s probably a n00bie question)
user added image

# 4 26-02-2004 , 07:42 PM
Subscriber
You need to create blend shapes- that is probabbly the easiest solution for you.

create duplicates of your model- edit their shapes- select all of them and then select the model you are animating- then "create blend shapes" from the animation menus...

there is plenty of help in the maya help files on this and that is pretty much free :-)

# 5 26-02-2004 , 08:01 PM
lol, guess what? i forgot to mold the inside of the mouth, so when i open it, theres just a layer of skin, and i cant sort out my verticies

# 6 27-02-2004 , 01:32 AM
Subscriber
that could be a problem! user added image