Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 02-05-2004 , 03:11 PM
now the front:

Attached Images
# 32 02-05-2004 , 03:13 PM
now a overhead shot:

Attached Images
# 33 03-05-2004 , 05:51 PM
not enough details.....it doesnt look realistic. Make the brow more flat. Add some details... good luck bro!

# 34 03-05-2004 , 06:08 PM
hm.....not enough details, looks unrealistic, i think its brow isnt flat enough. But keep going bro!

Ob er aber über oberammagau,oder ob er aber über unterammagau oder ob er aber überhaupt nciht kommt, ist nicht ge-wiss.
# 35 22-05-2004 , 11:48 AM

helm

HI im back again and i am working on the shader for my helemt...actually i just search appropriate shaders lol....what do u all suggest to be the best?

aluminium shader:

Attached Thumbnails
# 36 22-05-2004 , 11:50 AM

helm2

now the silver shader.... here seems a lack of light to be...i just used mental ray for verything and didnt attached ANY light....in all of these shader tests....

Attached Thumbnails
# 37 22-05-2004 , 11:52 AM

helm3

here s a microscope shader test...looks a bit too colourfull....

I like the reflecting in the glass area of the helmet...

well which do u like best? ill continue my search....

Attached Thumbnails
# 38 22-05-2004 , 07:57 PM
Subscriber
the concept is cool. the model is built all wrong.
i think you should redo this model and built it peice by peice.
smoothing a geometry will not alway make it look better. as in this case.
but i see the 3d version of the model does not reflect the 2d sketches that well. i don't want to sound mean, but the model is in my opinion crappy in every aspect. you should follow some tut, or learn basic modeling before trying to create more complicated chracters. everyone started somewhere. my first models were crap to be honest. so that's why it's best to model simpler things and learn how the final results will vary or try to get a desired result when modeling with polygons. good luck. and keep modeling. but don't jump too far ahead, it takes time, a long time to as good as other peopple i have seen. i know i still have al ot to learn.

# 39 25-05-2004 , 02:44 PM
forget the model.I use this all just for learning Maya itself.Later i ll correct all...but currently im looking for procedural texturing or lets says it so:

Does anyone have a TUtorial about texturing ONLY IN MAYA (that means nothing need to do in photoshop or so) and please gimme direct links if possible and not only like www.learning-maya.com

# 40 04-06-2004 , 07:00 PM
Dragonhawk: but if u really want to get expert in texturing just using mayas tool, like u mentioned in your thread u should learn like utilities in hyphershader, also get really familiar with basics attributes like specular, diffuse, ambient colour, highlight, and more and more and more......
But basically right using just maya tool to texture u will have some limitation also u will be doing a long way around....
U mentioned about texturing your humanoid, well I belive u need to work more in your model, cause once u modelled and textured u will want to animate...u don't want to keep in standart position "also your model from what I could see is not in the right position to be rig" , so first off all...belive me u need to work on your model, if u wanna texture it.....another think is I belive u expeting to texture a smooth model.....normally I texture in the not smooth one is much more easier.......

# 41 12-06-2004 , 10:16 PM
the best thing for me is to give me just very specific tutorial links...that would help me most....