Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 04-03-2007 , 01:30 PM

Introducing Maya 8

any-one use the 3D for Beginners book? Is it me or is it really abd for complete beginners?
For example it doesn't tell you waht setting you should be on, i had to go through them all to find that i should be in "polygons".
Also a big thing so far the short-cut keys dont work "r" does not bring up the scale menu for me, ti only brings up the scaling arrows. Also it says to change "blah" in option box after performing a certain task, but it doesnt tell you that you need to manually change the option to box to find the setting of blah to correspond with what you have just done. its really really annoying, maybe i should just not scan over it :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
or am I doin something wrong or should a setting be changed etc? Iam using maya 8.5

# 2 04-03-2007 , 01:34 PM
Well, I was a little po'd when I first started using 8, cause everything was moved, which I don't think was necessary. Just explore the menus and you'll find everything you need and more.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 3 04-03-2007 , 01:46 PM
anybody know where the scale changer is after you "face" something after using the insert edge loop tool? i can onlu manualy adjust it, so i can either change all individually or all of them togeather but i onyl need to change x and y, not z.

hope that babling makes sense!

# 4 04-03-2007 , 02:17 PM
i just downloaded a free video to see if that was any better and i dont know if its one of the "improvements" but my object info box is totally different and far more complex, would it help if i post a screen pic of it?