Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-04-2011 , 05:06 PM

Sew works fine. Move and sew does nothing.

I guess this is some newbie problem but I cant find anything about it.

Sewing works just fine (but I dont need it.) However move and sew does nothing at all.

Just says "Result: polyMapSewMove1" but it hasnt moved at all. This edge I just cut off but cant sew it back on. (I could ofc undo but the problem is still here)

If I use the little button on the shelf for sewing I get: //Result: polyMapSewMove1

If I use it in the panel menu I get: // Error: Current selection doesn't match required selection type.

If I use shift-right-click i get: //Result: polyMapSewMove1

I guess i messed up some setting but there arent much in the "move and sew tool settings".

# 2 14-04-2011 , 05:45 PM
The Nurb Herd
// Error: Current selection doesn't match required selection type.

what did you select?

# 3 14-04-2011 , 05:47 PM
Hmm. I was just testing stuff out and if I took the small part (that was gonna be moved (and sewn)) and cut each of its faces apart. Then I could just select the connecting faces and move sew without problem.

But I'm positive that I have moved and sewn many faces at the same time before.

edit: reply to honestdom. I selected the exact same edges for the above operations but as I wrote it had diff results depending on which button I clicked.

Anyway here you can see teh selection. /edit

Attached Thumbnails