Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-03-2003 , 02:59 AM
Subscriber

refund subcribed points

I discussed the problem of running the Tutorial Movies on a Mac with our technicians. It seems to occur due to a codec error using the MSWP for Mac. We tested the Movies on several Macs and encountered severe skips of frame rates; the viewing of the movies is impossible. Also SGI Users are unable to run the movies as MSWP does not support Unix based OS.
As the points I bought became useless I would like to know how to get a refund for them.
I also must add that I am somewhat dissapointed that the SM Team seems not to consider SGI and Mac Users as their customers and users of their Tutorial Videos.
Nevertheless I still regard the SM forums as a valuable source in communication between Maya Users which I hope can lead in the near future to a coordination between different platforms.

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
# 2 13-03-2003 , 04:03 AM
SM has considered the MAC users and is trying as of right now for all the new movies to be able to run on both MAC and PC while keeping the highest quality.

You as a MAC user know that sometimes going between platforms can be problematic

Please remeber there is a lot of work involved in the production of these movies and SM is trying to make sure the quality is there as well as making everything run smooth on other platforms. Which in its self is a lot of work.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 13-03-2003 , 04:12 AM
Subscriber
I understand and do appreciate these efforts. I am looking forward to using my points then in the future...
How can I contribute (sponsor?) to the production of the TutVid?

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
# 4 13-03-2003 , 04:25 AM
The Maya Mountain
I wish I could help you. Unfortunately, I do not own a Mac or SGI, so creating/testing the vids for those OS's is a bit of a problem.

Also, if it's ok, I'll delete the other duplicate threads regarding this subject.

# 5 13-03-2003 , 04:29 AM
Subscriber
please do.... sorry, I should have posted this thread in another forum from the beginning...

AND: MAC Users, please contact me!

Edit: should there be any SGI USers out there, of course, too

# 6 13-03-2003 , 08:10 AM
Kevin
As I have said many times before.. "we are trying to work on a solution regarding this"

As it says in the FAQ "Mac users - please aproach with caution"

I do not own a mac, nor sgi. We have done many tests before regarding macs and unfortunatly some of the movies work ...some do not. I am in the process of trying to gather all the old movies together that we may have and trying to convert to a usable format. But this may not be possible.

We are trying to do our best... might take time but we will find a solution