Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-02-2004 , 06:57 PM

How do you change the XYZ manipulator?

I am trying to make sense here..

I have a couple of polys that are diagonal (I rotated them) The XYZ manipulator is now rotated as well. I would like to know how could I change the manipulator to be straight/up and down yet the object still be rotated?

Does that make sense at all? (HAHAHA)

Thank you so much in advance...

-SuperDave71user added image user added image

Attached Images

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"
# 2 26-02-2004 , 07:32 PM
Press and hold "w" while left-clicking in the viewpanel. Select "global" from the marking menu. The manipulator will now be aligned to the world. Select "local" from the marking menu again to switch back to the object's local space.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 26-02-2004 , 07:52 PM

Thank you so much

THank you sooooooooo much...I wanted to know how that sucker worked.....I really appreciate it

-SuperDave71user added image user added image user added image

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"
# 4 23-02-2011 , 05:42 PM

Press and hold "w" while left-clicking in the viewpanel. Select "global" from the marking menu. The manipulator will now be aligned to the world. Select "local" from the marking menu again to switch back to the object's local space.

very helpfull! thank you i had the same problem

# 5 12-06-2016 , 06:06 AM
Good info! Thanks!