View Poll Results: Do you vote for Tweek or Howardporter
Tweek 9 39.13%
Howardporter 14 60.87%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-05-2003 , 01:11 AM
Subscriber

Tournament #2 - Tweek VS Howardporter - RND 1

Alright, this tournament round goes on for 5 days. It will then go on for one day after that, when it will be voted for. If you vote for one, please vote for the rest of them as well. Also, if the next day there are not at least 3 votes on one side, the mods will judge the winner. Have a great time and this round is on:

Underwater Creature user added image.

Textures are a must.. but can be as little as lamberts and blinns user added image. The two battlers for this thread are:

Tweek
and
Howardporter

Have a great battle!

DO NOT VOTE UNTIL BOTH FINAL RENDERS ARE IN

user added image

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 22-05-2003 at 01:15 AM.
# 2 22-05-2003 , 01:17 AM
Ok...so im paired with Howardporter...great!!I was hoping to battle a newbie, but whatever...ill give it my bestuser added image user added image
im gonna model a crab like creature...since a cant draw at all.. heres a picture i use for reference...but doubt i will make it look like the picture....
oh and by the way...good luck howardporter!!
user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- TwEeK

Last edited by M; 22-05-2003 at 01:22 AM.
# 3 22-05-2003 , 01:21 AM
Subscriber
SWEET, looks like a awesome crab. Anyways, cant wait to see your work on this.. im just going to make the res on that image a bit smaller.. for the 56 k'ers user added image. Hope ya dont mind.

# 4 22-05-2003 , 01:23 AM
i d idnt notice it was so big....

- TwEeK
# 5 22-05-2003 , 01:35 AM
oooookkkkkkkk...
this is what i've done so far...
any comments?

Attached Thumbnails

- TwEeK
# 6 22-05-2003 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber
:O, wow tweek.. thats a great start!! Nice shell dude! Umm, one thing i would suggest is maybe making the basic shapes out of cylinders to start off.. so you can get a basic shape of what your crab will look like.. you know what i mean? But if you can visually see the rest of it as of now, then thats good.. just i cannot exactly see yet where the head and legs and whatnot are going to go. BTW, if you add spikes to the crab.. i think it would be better if they were facing the other way.. so if the head of the crab was on the left side of that picture, then the spikes should be going away from it, like slicked back hair user added image. If the head is going to go in the middle facing me... then thats a cool effect, still tilt them back a bit in my opinion.. do you understand? If not let me know and i will get you an example user added image. Lookin good though

# 7 22-05-2003 , 08:26 PM
thanks for the commets M...
i changed the spikes a bit so that they are now pointing back..and added the legs.....
what do u think?

Attached Thumbnails

- TwEeK
# 8 22-05-2003 , 08:31 PM
and this.....

Attached Thumbnails

- TwEeK
# 9 22-05-2003 , 08:35 PM
cps tool... great start user added image

# 10 22-05-2003 , 11:31 PM
Subscriber
looks great! Maybe stretch out the shell a bit to the sides.. also.. the spikes are lookin great, but could be a bit bigger and still going backwards, but also going in different directions.. so all facing away from the face, like slicked back hair.. but not all in the exact direction.. so one goes a bit off at a 10 degree angle, another in the other direction etc user added image. Legs would be cool if you added a spike off the end.. i will show you a picture of all i mean user added image. (super rough)

Attached Thumbnails

# 11 22-05-2003 , 11:36 PM
i get what u mean... ill change it soon..
..and the leg idea is awsome...im for sure going to use it.....thanks!!

- TwEeK
# 12 23-05-2003 , 02:03 AM
Subscriber
way to go ^^TwEeK^^ looks like I am already in trouble!!!
user added image

Good luck to everyone involved-

well I am off to a late start here, and I still have to finish my monthly challenge thing! (I overwrote my file which set me back a bit...)

here is my sketch for my entry-- not a real fish obviously, 'cause that would require real referance!user added image

H!

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 23-05-2003 , 02:06 AM
looks great....cant wait to see how you will model this...

- TwEeK
# 14 23-05-2003 , 02:11 AM
Yet again, a very powerfull sketch Howardporter.
Please PM me if interested in making a tutorial.

# 15 23-05-2003 , 02:25 AM
Subscriber
Howard, did you make that sketch through drawing and photoshop? If so your very talented user added image. Nice use of colors and dots.. nothing is over exxagerated.

BTW, tweek.. in NO way do you have to do what i suggest, its just my ideas user added image.. it could look like utter crap from what i say user added image.. who knows.. heheh.. just remember that user added image.