Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 21-11-2002 , 08:47 PM
Subscriber
I subscribed last month and viewed all the movies but quit after 1 month as 1 hour of new stuff a month for $45.00 is just crazy:argue:

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 17 21-11-2002 , 08:52 PM
Kevin
where the movies any good 3djoe? how is the set up over there? any good, I would love to have some feedback

# 18 21-11-2002 , 09:02 PM
Subscriber
The movies were great!

They got a very indepth.
The one I loved the most was arc lengh to motion path where they did custom scripts to determin the rotation to path.

The only problem is you cant saveuser added image (Well maybe you canuser added image )

The movies here are fantastic also(well the free ones is all I can vouch for). AND HECK I CAN SAVE THEM:banana:

But $49.00 for a month is to much!

My New Site MayaFx.com
# 19 22-11-2002 , 01:56 AM
i was actually thinking about taking some classes at gnomon as i live in L.A. but was kind of scared of the pricing. i thought that that was normal in this kind of classes. is this not the case? does anyone know any other schools that offer 3D courses in L.A?

ps. learning on your own sucks. every time i overcome a problem, another one pops up. very frustrating.

the day we stop thinking is the day we start sinking
# 20 22-11-2002 , 02:01 AM
Subscriber
Laz

I know what you mean!user added image
You just figure out one problem(after a few wasted days) then another pops up(just a viscious cycle).

In a class room you can just ask and BAM you have your answeruser added image

My New Site MayaFx.com
# 21 22-11-2002 , 02:05 AM

Originally posted by laz
i
ps. learning on your own sucks. every time i overcome a problem, another one pops up. very frustrating.

Lol, the very same thing happens to the guys at ILM, Pixar and such. user added image
What Im trying to tell you mate is that, this kind of situations are quite common among us 3d-people, and that won´t change ... The very same thing that frustrates us, drives us into a little bit more of knowledge of 3d so at the end, you end up learning anyway. user added image

# 22 22-11-2002 , 02:07 AM

Originally posted by 3djoe
Laz
In a class room you can just ask and BAM you have your answeruser added image

Lol, if It only were that easy. I´ve seen more perplexed faces at school by teachers than by us students.

# 23 22-11-2002 , 02:08 AM
The Maya Mountain
I remember when I was an assistant to a Maya instructor, students would ask me questions that I did not know the answer... I'd find out and we'd both learn. user added image It's a good way to go.

# 24 22-11-2002 , 02:09 AM
The Maya Mountain

Originally posted by adldesigner
Lol, if It only were that easy. I´ve seen more perplexed faces at school by teachers than by us students.

lol

Yeah, it got to a point that when the teacher and I were talking, a student would come up to ask a question and would ask me rather than the teacher.

# 25 22-11-2002 , 02:15 AM
Subscriber
Ok maybe you dont get you answer right away but atleast you can have another person to bounce ideas off of.

You know what I meanuser added image

My New Site MayaFx.com
# 26 22-11-2002 , 02:16 AM
Subscriber
i am still learning modelling... i've heard Gnomon everywhere.. banner ads.. check out the vid tuts as one of my friend is a subscriber.... he told me that, same as 3djoe, 1 hr for a month is damn expensive... but if you are going to the school.... then, hope, you should be having a good career... as i have heard, the instructors are pretty damn good.
hope you will find Gnomon a good place to learn,
Tariq

# 27 22-11-2002 , 02:19 AM
yeah it's all part of the learning process but I won't have any hair by the time I'm 25 if I keep pulling it out because of Maya.

ps. I think that's a run-on sentence. my boss would kill me if he found out i used a run-on sentence. does anyone ever get any sleep around here? It's 6:30 pm in L.A. I had a long day. I'm crashing.

the day we stop thinking is the day we start sinking
# 28 22-11-2002 , 02:25 AM
Subscriber
Its ramadan here in Saudi Arabia.. now is 516am... i sleep at 6 am.. wake up at 2pm... then sit on Maya till 6 am again... (holidays)

# 29 22-11-2002 , 04:03 PM
I wake up every mornign pissed off like a mad-monkey and cursing that yet again I have to go to work. Recently it's been a bit quiet at there so I get pissed off even more because I'm just wasting my time there. I'd rather be playing with maya.

When I get home, I'm too tired to do anything for a while since I didn't sleep very well the previous night. Around something like 10pm I have the energy to actually do something what I like -> 3D and Gfx. At 2-3am I realize, phuck, I have to go to sleep just to wake up pissed off again... endles cycle user added image

I need a way to get out of this. It's not very healthy.

And no, I'm not saying my job is a bad one. It pays my living but I'm just full of it, you know...bored...there is no challenge to it anymore. I'd want to do 3d, vfx, gfx and so on which has been my hobby for about 7 years...

Bah, enough of me. Do you guys have a situation comparable to anything like this?

(sorry about that, just had to blow some steam...)

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 30 22-11-2002 , 04:12 PM
Kevin
Yep I hear you k-brown! and dont worry about letting of steam...we have a "rant thread" in the mods area to do justs that. user added image

but it is hard mate, staying up till 2-3 every night, soon makes you feel ill, im sure something will happen for you soon....just keep plugin away and all will come good.

I am just the same, up till early hrs doing bits, so I know how you feel...plus I hate web deisgn work for customers user added image