Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-08-2006 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber

Heavily Modified YT-1300 Corellian Transport (Mellennium Falcon)

Well, at long last, I've finally had a chance to start this W.I.P.
I know its been over done over the years, but i love the falcon and i canot help but to make her my own..
So, withought further Adue..here she is

884 polys righ tnow,
though there will be a hell of a lot more when i'm done..

Crits as always welcome, thoguh.. there isnt much at the moment to crit..
only been working on it about 20 minutes..
G

Attached Thumbnails

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!

Last edited by G-Man; 31-08-2006 at 04:48 PM.
# 2 31-08-2006 , 11:10 PM
Subscriber
Nice start Legend,

an excellent choice, without doubt the coolest piece of junk space craft in movie history! I've toyed with making one myself but I just don't feel as though I could do it justice yet.

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 3 01-09-2006 , 04:39 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
G

'What a piece of junk...!' - Luke to Han

Wonderful!
My all time favorite spacecraft and I think most other peoples choice too.

Im watching your every move

Will be on msn I have some rather excellent detail pics of this baby for you

Jay

# 4 01-09-2006 , 07:46 AM
Subscriber
HAppymat : yea, i debated for a while on weather to do it.. But i decided to go for it, and i'll probably use it in my demo reel when its finished and textured.. I think i recall Alan saying a while back that someone at ILM got a job just off of their model of the Falcon, so.. hey who knows..

Jay: hey bro, On msn righ tnow, .. sorry i missed you earlier. I'll be on most of the day probably..
I knew you'd be watchign this with a fine tooth comb.. that, had me worried..LoL.. but seriously, Anycomment or crit you have as I work on this, Please tell me, you're probably more familiar wiht this vessel then anyone i know. user added image

Updates soon, hopefully by the end of the night
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 5 01-09-2006 , 09:08 AM
Hey! Nice one! I love this space craft and no doubt I will be watching this one as it goes on user added image

Mark R.
# 6 02-09-2006 , 03:52 PM
Subscriber
Small update..
Added a few detail parts to the engine..
The eh...Pitch adjusters?...
Help me out here Jay..LoL

and the rear deflector shields..and a few odds and ends bars and rails
Added in the cockpit aceess tube, but its still ust a primitive so i didnt show it here..It'll be a while before i get to detailing it out..
Might not have a update for af ew days..not sure if i'll be home tomorrow night or not..got some work that might keep me on site round the clock..but rest assured, soon as i'm home wiht spare time, i'll be back on it

Crits and comments welcome as always

Attached Thumbnails

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 7 07-09-2006 , 11:55 PM
Subscriber
Quick update..
HAvent had much time the last week to work on it, so there isnt much here yet..
Anyway here it is..still have to soften som enormals here ant there, but its bbasically how it'll be..
G

Attached Thumbnails

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 8 07-09-2006 , 11:57 PM
Subscriber
Detail pic

Attached Thumbnails

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 9 08-09-2006 , 05:18 AM
Dude

Looks Good.

I sent you a link on msn for some landing gear...

I have some B and w images that I'll try to scan, but my book is massive so I dont want to break the bind, I may have to take digi pics.

_J

# 10 08-09-2006 , 07:44 AM
ha ha - excellent choice legendofzombi! And it look like you are making some fast progress on this one. looking forward to seeing this progress. user added image

# 11 08-09-2006 , 10:23 PM
Subscriber
YEa bro, i got the link, already scavanged all the pics i coudl of taht area off tha tsite.. got some good help..
The B&W's woudl be nice user added image.. anything helps thats for sure.. My scale model i have, is ok for getting the major details palces right, hull plates adn stuff. but the small bits it doesnt show.
By the by.. The engine, deal on that model.. I read somewhere that ILM cast that from their production mnodels, but i dont recally, anywhere IN the movies, or Fine plastics, Forbidden Plastics, eh..heck, aywhere, seeing that configuration of the engine plate...any ideas on taht Jay?

Aaron, Heh, thanks bro.. I'd be a lot farther irght now if my day job hadnt been wearing me out so much and keeping me so late here the last few days...Hopefully when next wekend, and next week roll around i can start pumping out more on it theni have been...
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 12 09-09-2006 , 01:14 PM
The engine has a verticle grating all the way along. The only time I can recall it is very quickly in Star Wars when the Falcon escapes the hanger on the Death Star, reverses and spin around and ignites...

Cheers
Jay

# 13 09-09-2006 , 01:17 PM

# 14 13-09-2006 , 06:46 PM
Subscriber

Good work

Hey legendofzombi, good work matey, funny you have DS9 and Millenium Falcon links in your sig, both are brilliant choices for modelling. I did DS9 once about 18 years ago in a program called Imagin 3D for the Amiga, and then I had a bash at the M.F in max but never finished it :headbang: . I'll probably do it again at some stage in Maya but right now I'm concentrating on organic stuff.

Question: when you are modellingare you keeping everything as seperate objects? Or are you trying to join as much together as possible? The reason I ask is when I model I seem to end with with a shed load of objects, then start to wonder whether I am going to detailed. Your DETAIL PIC there, would they be all seperate? Also, what are you working from? Blue prints? I have trouble finding good reference material when it comes to modelling stuff from TV and I end up capturing images from the movies. I did an ATAT walker once in maya, was very happy with it but then I saw some one else had done it (High End 3D I think), so after throwing up I put it to the back of my DVD disks, lol.

Again excellent work.

Last edited by Wraithe; 28-09-2006 at 07:55 PM.
# 15 14-09-2006 , 06:17 AM
Subscriber
Your getting some insane detail there mate I know what your going through user added image

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog