Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 31-01-2007 , 06:36 AM

Blendshape problems

Hello, I need help. My maya uses Linux but the interface looks the same. Eniwei, I need help with some blendshapes. when I duplicate the original geometry and work on it I use lattices, and it works great. However the problem arises when I start to blendshape. When I move the switch for ie. Angry, the original geometry literaly moves to the duplicate geometry rather than staying put and shaping into the Angry face. it's very wierd.

# 2 31-01-2007 , 01:26 PM
have you tried reversing the order in which you select your objects?

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 31-01-2007 , 02:07 PM
I think you have to delete the history so the lattice is no longer affecting your geometry, before adding it as a blendshape...

# 4 31-01-2007 , 02:24 PM
oh yea i'll recommend that too... user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 31-01-2007 , 03:01 PM
Delete all histories before applying the blend shapes.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 6 01-02-2007 , 04:30 AM

Constrains

Thanks a lot. I've already got it right. I wasn't able to put the settings to Local.
Nu question: Do I need pole vector constrains to arms and legs before binding? Or should I just use parent constrains?My friend says it works though I couldn't do it on mine, though we are working on the same model.
I'll ask again next time on paint weights if I can't figure things out. I'm having a crash course in animating at work.[COLOR=crimson]

# 7 01-02-2007 , 06:53 PM
You'll have more control using pole vectors. With PVs you'll be able to get the 'roll' of the shoulders and elbows. I don't think that will work with parent constraints.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 8 03-02-2007 , 11:06 AM

Set Driven Keys

I desperately need help again with the set driven keys. I don't have instructions in my book or the tutorials i've bought. Can anyone give me a step by step account/ tutorial on how to use set driven keys on hands? especially the thumb and the rest of the fingers? Thank you very much!!