Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-11-2003 , 10:27 AM
Kevin

Call Of Duty - Awesome! (slight spoilers)

I loaded this up to see what the fuss was about, and struggled to play through the first 30 mins as normally by now the game would have been deleted!

But wow - what a great game!! Such awesome atmosphere, you really feel like your there.. some levels where you first set of and there like 6 of you and one by one you are losing your men and you are left alone with the music and the intense feeling that jerry is around every corner.

And hell some of the amazing levels like taking down all the aircraft down that are swooping in and firing at you are simply awesome!! The sound they make is so real.

No game has got me so hooked since half life, I have played a few war games before but this is tops by far and the bonus is I have found NO bugs at all!! I hear multi player is also a blast so I will try that also later.

And the best bit: the stalingrad levels!! woooohh now thats intense... and dont try this (as I did) but if you do chicken out and run back in fear they do actually shoot you LOL pretty funny stuff.

The weapons are great.. from a great sniper gun with the best sound from the bullet whizzing through the air to the used shell hitting the floor and bouncing around. The machine guns rule also - I can image that that is what it was really like.

Any way thats enough from me.... Awesome game and my favourite since half life for sure.

a solid 8.5/10 from me!

# 2 07-11-2003 , 02:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
Yeah, I've played the 2 demo levels and the first one was cool. Didn't care for the 2nd demo level as much, but I'm looking forward to playing the game. user added image

# 3 07-11-2003 , 03:37 PM
Subscriber
It's very jolly indeed. I usually play more tactical realism based shooters but this is the blasty war thing at the top of it's game. As Kevin says the sounds are fantastic and really make the game live. WW2 shooter at it's best - it's said to be a bit short but I would rather have quality than quantity.

I only played one level as I really should be doing paperwork this pm but tis a shiny thing indeed. If you liked MoHAA or blasty war things in general, highly recommened - a good shoot em up frenzy. I think the MP is all bunny hopping dm festing stuff, but the SP is certainly worth it.

If you like tactical team shooters I'd also recommend Hidden and Dangerous 2 - well worth the entrance fee as well and a good contrast; good example of an ambitious dev team staying true to a vision.

# 4 07-11-2003 , 03:56 PM
Yeah out of the two shooters I got recently, Id have to say Hidden And Dangerous 2 was the better. But CoD is definately enjoyable, its goot for blasting and running around on full auto. But its not really the thinking mans game.

# 5 07-11-2003 , 08:47 PM
Kevin
i just completed it, (should of gone to work but got into it a bit much LOL)

good game!

# 6 07-11-2003 , 08:57 PM
eh? you just completed the game or the demo?

if the game then it is pretty short

# 7 07-11-2003 , 09:10 PM
It is. I started it last night, and nearly finished this evening.

# 8 09-11-2003 , 04:20 AM
Wow i just bought this game.
And oh man, I am so impressed.
Easily the most intense game i've ever played, and the multiplayer is great!

________

- Jacob
# 9 10-11-2003 , 03:30 AM
SM Tea Boy
Just finished it started it at 9pm ish took just over 5 and a half hours to compleat.

Its a nice game atmospheric, however it's way to short and very easy to beat. I played it on the regular difficulty setting and I swear i only quick loaded 3 times, the entire game. Yes it sounds great, there are lots of great explosions, the Russian levels are very well done. However none of the explosions come close to actualy hitting you. Basically as long as you keep your head down and your a fairly good shot the games very easy I might try it again on the hardest difficulty level but...

For me its 40 quid for 5 hours entertainment, I'd rather have gone out for a nice meal and a few pints.

Great game to short and way to easy though.

Graphics / Game play 8 out of 10.

Value for money / Replay value 2 out of 10. I must add though i don't play MP games so if you like the old net play this may well be worth spending your hard earned cash on.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 10 10-11-2003 , 08:30 AM
Kevin
very good points dave - yep was way to short. But good game for a few hrs blast

# 11 10-11-2003 , 12:39 PM
dang i have been waiting for this game a lot of time i luv war games now im buying it lol is it better than battlefield1942 or operation flashpoint?

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the person who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express their opinions courageously and honestly.
*Albert Einstein*

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington
# 12 10-11-2003 , 01:00 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by kornkidpr
dang i have been waiting for this game a lot of time i luv war games now im buying it lol is it better than battlefield1942 or operation flashpoint?

Yes i thought it was better than battlefield 1942 and operation flashpoint.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 13 10-11-2003 , 01:31 PM
Flashpoint is older, uglier looking, but loads of fun. Esspecially fun online co-operatively.

Im not sure why those explosions werent hitting you David, Ive been hits a few times by explosions, especially on the russian levels. The shell shock effect is the best in a game so far.

# 14 10-11-2003 , 02:19 PM
hey guys just in case if u like very big massive multiplayer games this one is really good only draw back is u havea to pay a monthly pay but check it out if u want WWII ONLINE

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the person who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express their opinions courageously and honestly.
*Albert Einstein*

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington