Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-07-2006 , 04:03 PM

need help again how to select a loop of edges look pik included

how do u select the loop of joined edges in the pik of a tut it shows a lil circle with a line thru it or sumthen
user added image

i am starting a tut so i might b asking alot of questions

U are currently suffering a mental spazattak please consult a doctor
# 2 06-07-2006 , 04:46 PM
Dont know about that selecting a whole loop, Just select then by keeping the shioft key pressed, or left mouse click and drag.

Whats the tutorial that your doing? You seem to be having a few issues with it.

# 3 06-07-2006 , 05:04 PM
how about you select one, then the other, then another one, etc... or you could do a bunch of group selects/deselects for a quicker result.

or, you could download MJ Poly Tools, there is an edge loop selection tool included.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 4 06-07-2006 , 05:44 PM
Not sure if you are using polys or nurbs (I'm at work and can't see your picture), but if you are using polygons, you could select one edge and then go to edit polygons>selection>select continuous edges.

# 5 07-07-2006 , 02:26 AM
yes thank you all user added image

if you are using polygons, you could select one edge and then go to edit polygons>selection>select continuous edges. i think that was wat i was lookin for tho

umm yes i am havin some trouble converting all these mj poly tools into maya 7 and it is really confusing 30 minutes of the tutorial time was juss trying to figures how to scale 2 opposite faces together

a nd yeh i am using poly

U are currently suffering a mental spazattak please consult a doctor