Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-03-2007 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber

spaceship animation

# 2 31-03-2007 , 07:29 PM
Subscriber
link not working

# 3 31-03-2007 , 10:19 PM
Looks ok man. Thnk that seeeing more for the space ship etc would make it better as its more environment than anything at the moment, also it seems a bit dark.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 31-03-2007 , 11:24 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the comments I will make more light for the ship. I left the the planet itself dark on purpose to give the feel of a small abandon planet far away from the sun.

# 5 01-04-2007 , 08:37 AM

Originally posted by banksta
thanks for the comments I will make more light for the ship. I left the the planet itself dark on purpose to give the feel of a small abandon planet far away from the sun.

You could try to give it some sort of a fog... looks good. My concern is the sound FX. Try to make the sound fade out as the ship gets farther away. If you don't know how, try downloading Audacity from the internet.

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 6 01-04-2007 , 12:05 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by wasatch5_sparticus
You could try to give it some sort of a fog... looks good. My concern is the sound FX. Try to make the sound fade out as the ship gets farther away. If you don't know how, try downloading Audacity from the internet.

Sparticus

Thanks for the comments . I could make the sound fx fade out in sound track. I couldn't remember how loud it would be in real life at that distance so I left it alone. Your right though. I tried to remember how the jets sounded from a distance like that when I was in the marines and they were still pretty loud , but now that I think about it, the average person has probably not been around jets and only have seen planes in the sky. I will change it. The fog sounds like a good idea too. Once again thanks for your comments.

# 7 04-04-2007 , 03:59 PM
Subscriber
the animation looks cool. i reckon you should make the enviorment alot bigger and have the plane going really fast(swerving corners while having smoke come of the back of the tip wings) with some also fast music ...

thats my two cents user added image

got any other plans for the animation like things to add?

# 8 04-04-2007 , 04:34 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by marlonjohn
the animation looks cool. i reckon you should make the enviorment alot bigger and have the plane going really fast(swerving corners while having smoke come of the back of the tip wings) with some also fast music ...

thats my two cents user added image

got any other plans for the animation like things to add?

Yes marlon, once I finish this large interior scene I am going to texture it then create a character walk through, thats if I can ever model a character that I like lol!

# 9 04-04-2007 , 05:35 PM
Subscriber
"Yes marlon, once I finish this large interior scene I am going to texture it then create a character walk through, thats if I can ever model a character that I like lol!"

haha dont worry, we will help you all the way untill its too your likekings user added image

# 10 19-04-2007 , 02:39 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
the camerawork is a bit off and the plane should be going faster, maybe you can ad some particle effects to spice things up a bit, a spicier tune would not hurt eitheruser added image
but overall it looks nice