Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-10-2007 , 02:36 PM
Subscriber

Just got the Tranformers Special Edition DVD

WOW this thing is awesome. It has the best visual effects I have ever seen. I was also pumped to check out the special features on the second disk. If you check out the sub-section titled "allspark" something or another, you can see the digital artists using MAYA! After seeing some of the Star Wars behind the scenes I was aware of ILM using Maya as their main 3d tool. It was just cool to see how it was all done!

TAKE A LOOK!

-MiKE

# 2 13-10-2007 , 03:04 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the note dude. I've been meaning to check it out must be awesome. I heard optimus prime was composed of 10,108 cg parts each carefully painted, detailed, textured with the right dirt/rust...
sometimes I'm glad I didn't work on that project :p
but yea I gotta get myself that DVD and find out more I've always wondered a lot on some of the behind the scenes of that movie.

# 3 13-10-2007 , 06:36 PM
Is it out already? Thats a fast turnaround.

haha the way youve worded that Danotron it sounds like you work for ILM (if you do just laugh at me)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 14-10-2007 , 12:33 AM
Subscriber
haha no I just love reading about the company. started by Lucas and now one of the best top-notch special effects company? I mean how cool is thatuser added image

# 5 14-10-2007 , 05:49 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by danotronXX
haha no I just love reading about the company. started by Lucas and now one of the best top-notch special effects company? I mean how cool is thatuser added image

Probably couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes, the whole second DVD is excellent. I could watch it again tonight.

-MiKE