Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 31-12-2009 , 12:43 PM

What is your "MUST HAVE" scripts for Maya 2010

Hi there,

just wondered if people would like to share what they perceive as "MUST HAVE" scripts for Maya 2010.

Links to scipts would also be appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 2 02-01-2010 , 02:31 AM
Technical Director
Hi Jim.

There's a great thread on CGTalk about this: https://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=89&t=14082

For me, it would be these:
  • MJPolyTools: Yes, Maya 7+ has all the tools; I just like this one better!
  • HKMagnetTool: An amazing "soft modification" tool. Might not be needed for Maya 2009 users.
  • Advanced Subd Converter: A great amount of handy features for working with Subd's and polys.
  • ks_nameSpaceManager: A very handy tool for working with objects imported from other files.
  • dp_SaveScenePlus: Adds a button that is added to your status line. Appends a version number to your scene file. Helpful for versioning.
  • reNameIt: A very helpful tool for renaming objects. Allows bulk renaming as well.
  • Projection Maker: A tool that I wrote that emulates zBrush's Projection Master
  • Revert Menu Item: A very simple tool that I made. Good for people that mess up (like me), and want to go back to the previously saved version.
  • Grid Toggle: Toggles the grid on and off in all viewports.
  • Component Toggle: Toggles in and out of component mode. Remembers your last selection when done.
  • dannyUVTools: Eases the creation of uv's. (Great UV checking texture at bottom of the page as well)
  • JSNormalMapper: Adds a lot more power to working with normal maps in Maya.
  • abAutoRig: A great automatic character rigger.
  • Hierarchic DisplayLayer Manager: Haven't tried it out yet, but it looks very useful for scene organization.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 04-01-2010 , 03:02 AM
Thank you NextDesign,

Very helpful, I'll check these scripts out.

Cheers
Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....