Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-03-2011 , 05:04 PM
Subscriber

individual adjustment in selection - pls help

hi,

is there a way to modify each element in a selection individually instead of the whole selection together? it is gotta be possible through an option. basically what i want is to select a few things (e.g. verts) and move/rotate/scale them ALL at the same time. or at least select a bunch of verts on my border, and snap them all to an axis w/o having to select them individually. that possible, or do i have to use a band-aid hammer and ducttape scale them a bunch of times along the axis, and then move them? user added image

duckie

# 2 03-03-2011 , 05:29 PM
EduSciVis-er
If you're trying to snap vertices all to a grid-line, you can do that by holding down 'x' while moving. You'll have to turn off retain component spacing or a similar attribute, I think it's in the move tool settings. You could also try checking in the component channels in the channel box (at the top it says "click to show" and it will give you translate xyz for all verts in the selection). Hope that helps.

# 3 03-03-2011 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
oh awesome, thank you. that setting is actually off by default ( retain component spacing on snap). now i see why it does horrible results if you don't wish to flatten everything - leaving snapping on by accident when not needing it i mean. user added image