Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-03-2011 , 09:33 PM
Subscriber

ambient occlusion problem

Hi Guys,

I'm expriencing a problem, whenever I apply my abbient occlusion map to my character the mesh becomes transparent, I have modelled plenty of game stuff, but this has never happend before, can anyone help?

I have deleted all the history and all the normals are facing the right way, so i'm clueless as to what might be casuing this

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-03-2011 , 10:44 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Sometimes when you connect a file through the materials "colour" channel, it sometimes also connects the same file through the transparency channel. Try right-hand clicking on "transparency" channel, under "Colour" in the material's properties/attributes, and select "break connection".

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 05-03-2011 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber

Sometimes when you connect a file through the materials "colour" channel, it sometimes also connects the same file through the transparency channel. Try right-hand clicking on "transparency" channel, under "Colour" in the material's properties/attributes, and select "break connection".

user added imageuser added image Thanks man!!!!! I was losing sleep over this problem, I never knew maya would play a new prank like this on me, after all these years of using the software,

once again thanks