Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-12-2006 , 08:47 AM

Problems with the different views

Hi, i´m starting to use Maya and i got two major questions:

1. When im working with the perspective view i can use all the Transformation Tools without a problem, but when im using the other views (side, top or front) i can only use the Move Tool (or transform the object with the Channel Box). ¿Is there a setting o a preference menu for this?

2. When im working with textures and i open mi scene file sometimes and i can view the whole thing normally but sometimes the textures does not appear (or appear in the perspective view but don´t in the side, top or front views). When the render is done all is there. ¿What should i do?

Thanks

José Luis Angeli
# 2 10-12-2006 , 10:24 AM
If I understand your first question correct - you can only see the transform tools in the perspective view, right? I think that that may be a graphic card issue - though that's about all I know.

For the second problem you just need to press 6 in each of the view panels that you want to view textures.
user added image

# 3 10-12-2006 , 10:59 AM
his tools might also be too big... try using + or - to change the manipulator sizes...

Accept no substitutions.
# 4 11-12-2006 , 05:00 AM
My video card is a GeForce FX 5200, i have 768MB RAM and a Celeron running at 2.0 GHz. Thanks for your help!

José Luis Angeli
# 5 11-12-2006 , 05:08 AM
did you fix the problem?

# 6 11-12-2006 , 05:14 AM
And what version of Maya are you running?

Eric Tacti
3D Artist