Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-11-2008 , 03:53 AM
Subscriber

Depth map shadow problems

Hello people!

I'm learning lighting, and am trying to render some scene with depth map. Now, i know i could avoid this problem using ray tracing, but i want to use depth map shadows. The problem is, as you can see in the picture,
user added image

at the wall, right down at bottom, there seem to be problem with shadows. Wall is dark (because od shadows) almost right to the bottom, but then right at the bottom, where it meets the sand, there is small line that is much brighter then the rest of the wall. It should be dark as the rest of the wall, but it isn't. IF i render it with mental ray, it's ok.

I was told that this is because of the depth map, but can't find the solution. Anybody got any ideas?

# 2 14-11-2008 , 06:43 AM
Subscriber
try putting a block or something behind the wall or you can duplicate the wall and move it behind the existing one

Attached Images

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 14-11-2008 , 06:57 AM
Subscriber
Tnx.

Yeah i tryed doing that, but didn't help. Then i found out the problem was the terrain/ground that was casting shadow on walls, so i had to duplicate ground model and put it a bit below the ground and it worked, yey!

Tnx again!