Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-09-2011 , 11:38 AM

Demoreel 2011 Taka

Hello.

being long time since my last post.
But as always I come back here where everything started for me.
This simple site has being improving so much from when I became a member.

Demoreel_Main_640_mpeg2video.mpg - YouTube

Here is my reel, CC are more than welcome, since will be crucial for my job hunting from now on, and making my reel better.

Thanks
Taka

# 2 29-09-2011 , 06:09 PM
The thin red line
Looks great I think I liked the cloth simulation best............dave

# 3 29-09-2011 , 07:18 PM
Very good work

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 4 01-10-2011 , 04:24 AM
Thanks Dave, ctbram.

The cloth simulation was a test project that I was doing to make the simulation to be transferred to conventional bone setup, since Game Engine only support bones setup, but for animation making purpose I want it the simulation so would shorter the amount of animation production.

It`s not 100% done, and I though was bad choice to use that model, since was high res unfinished model, plus the render took so long that I needed to reduce the frame rate time.
But I`m glad and relief, since you like it, with mean it is not that bad right.

# 5 01-10-2011 , 12:16 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Well I know I can't judge since I am not able to finish even one piece ( I am to perfectionistic, never happy with the end result), but I do know one or two things :

The reel is too long and the build up is too slow, a lot of the people who have to watch demoreels only watch the first 30 seconds, if it doesn't do anything for them they just turn it off.So always put your best piece first and your second best piece in the end.

It's also a bit unclear as to what you want to apply for, it's really better to specialize in something to get a foot in the door and once you're in, start broadening your skillset.

# 6 03-10-2011 , 12:23 PM
Mastone:
Thanks for the cc, and yes i agree with "too slow building up". that was the feedback I got it most from my colleagues.
So as I keep applying for jobs, I will keep working on those projects, and many others that I have, "unfinished" projects as always.