Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-03-2003 , 02:34 PM

Smooth Proxy Modelling

Hey, I have used the smooth proxy modelling technique to create a model.(I will post a render). The thing is, I have used it to rough out the shape of the body and I am finding it harder to add small details to the mesh. Whenever I use the split poly tool on the box mesh(not the smoothed mesh) it pulls out the smoothed model, I do no want this and would like to justadd small details. I hope you understand what I mean...I was thinking of maybe converting it to something else..I dunno. Here is a quick render for you to see the model.PLease excuse the quality, the PLE renders are not that good....user added image

Black_Robe

''Where do we go now?Where do we go now?...''
# 2 02-03-2003 , 03:51 PM
Subscriber
I would remove the proxy object (polygons > smooth proxy > remove) and then continue the work on the poly mesh.

Kühl
# 3 02-03-2003 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber
oh... sorry.. my mistake.

You can just delete the proxy object and make the mesh selectable in the layer-menu.

Kühl
# 4 02-03-2003 , 11:03 PM
ahhhh, thats a good idea I think, lol! user added image Thanks a lot mate, how do you make the mesh selectable in the layer thingy?

Black_Robe

# 5 02-03-2003 , 11:06 PM
Subscriber
uncheck the "R" which makes the object a reference only

Kühl
# 6 03-03-2003 , 05:43 PM
ok , thanx user added image

Black_Robe