Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 04-04-2011 , 10:37 AM
Subscriber

April Challenge_Lo PolyCharacter_Chirone

Think i'll do something rather odd.
As I understand it I should take a character and do some drastic change to it, so... I am going to use mewtwo from the pokemon game. I thought maybe I could do this to a different psychic pokemon instead, but decided to go with mewtwo since it's the most powerful and angry pokemon (at least back in the day when there were only 151)

there seem to be quite a few various organic variations on Mewtwo so Ill grab a page from Final Fantasy 13's summons, eg bahamut
and apply some sort of hoverboard transformation to it loosely based on starcraft 2's banshee

it's quite hard to make without orthographic views of mewtwo..

since mewtwo is a mega powerful psychic it will be organic with armour like in the movie, or maybe a cyborg variant.

YouTube - (HD)PS3 Final Fantasy XIII Summon - Bahamut - Fang
https://www.starcraft2units.org/wp-co...ds/banshee.jpg

Attached Images

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D

Last edited by Chirone; 04-04-2011 at 10:52 AM.
# 2 04-04-2011 , 04:02 PM
Subscriber
Your off to a good start there. I am digging the concept. Cant wait to see its progress.

---> I just had a thought.....try doing some research on Megaman X armor suites and try putting Mewtwo in something similar....complete with a Physic Blaster Cannon. The design is both appealing and not overly complex
lol

# 3 04-04-2011 , 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Even though I thoroughly hated Pokemon, I'm interested in seeing what armored, hovercraft, cyborg Mew looks like. Good start.

- Genny
# 4 05-04-2011 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
interesting suggestion Rocky, megaman has awesome looking armour, maybe i will take inspiration from that too

I thoroughly hated Pokemon

i'm sorry for your loss

nah kidding!
i'm also interested in seeing what such thing would look like too

my biggest issue is... what do i do with it's giant as tail..?

minor update: he has toes and fingers. there've been a few adjustments to the head and chest.
Im not happy with the hands and ears and id like them to show in the final non-transformed version, so i'll look into redoing those later

1628 faces so far

Attached Images

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX

Last edited by Chirone; 05-04-2011 at 10:51 AM.
# 5 05-04-2011 , 12:32 PM
Lifetime Member
Im with Gen...still hate it....good start though mate...kinda reminds me of Skippy...but he was a super roo...more furrier too LOL...good luck mate..this looks good.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 05-04-2011 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
geez, I can tell i won't be popular for this! XD

# 7 05-04-2011 , 09:29 PM
The thin red line
Its alright Chirone I liked some of the games do your take on it..........dave

# 8 05-04-2011 , 09:35 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL its all good mate...the subject wont be the one under scrutiny...the art is the important thing...

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 9 06-04-2011 , 11:10 AM
Subscriber
haha, thanks guys.

bullet, mewtwo is a genetically modified version of the cuter floating cat named Mew. When i looked at pictures of mewtwo I did begin to see kangaroo qualities with such a large bottom half... but he is a cat.

I was thinking about what to do for the tail, and the legs. The problem with the tail is that its very long and it doesn't really look like it would suit a plane/hoverboard thing
the problem with the legs is that they're fat and there isn't much to them... just a thigh and a foot, hardly much of a shin. so i can't really fold them back like us humans can.

But I thought maybe in the transformed form the tail could be a tail, but similar to the death stinger from zoids.
and the feet could probably fold up to make engines similar to the viking from starcraft2 (can't find a picture of it from behind).

I think I might have boots and armour similar style to megaman as Rocky suggested, but I will steer away from hand cannons in the mewtwo form, since part of the charm of mewtwo is that he holds his hands close to each other to make a ball of energy, which is a characteristic i want to keep, even in transformed form.
Or i might go fancier/organic/spiky look i see in escaflowne evangelion and rahxephon
Or go similar to the Legend Gundam from Gundam Seed. although I had followed the concept of detaching spikes in the spaceship challenge, it seems to me something that would make sense for an all powerful psychic to have.

But I do like how with the Final Fantasy 13 summons you'd never guess they could transform into something (same goes for the Bayformers too, but they're purely mechanic. This mewtwo, like the FF Summons, is organic to mechanical)

never short of inspiration huh?
https://mopock.com/ZOIDS/photos/photoB0.jpghttps://starcraft2tacticscenter.com/w.../11/viking.jpghttps://www.saint-ism.com/wp-content/...viking_air.jpghttps://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Qy_q4CNVR6...Mega_Man_X.gifhttps://www.gundamvader.net/files/escaflowne.gifhttps://images.wikia.com/rahxephon/im...ephon_mech.jpghttps://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/see...zgmf-x666s.jpg

Last edited by Chirone; 06-04-2011 at 11:22 AM.
# 10 06-04-2011 , 11:45 AM
Lifetime Member
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh sorry mate...never got into it.....saw a roo LOL

bullet1968

# 11 07-04-2011 , 08:58 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

geez, I can tell i won't be popular for this! XD

I won't hate you

I was about 6-9 when pokemon was really big. If I had to describe my childhood with one word (other than miserable) I'd pick pokemon.

I have very mixed feelings about mewtwo though. I hated him for how he hurt pickahu et al in the first movie but then I was the one pokemon that let me compete with my brother's team in gold/yellow.
I was having a discussion about pokemon the other day and most of us agreed that the pokemon phase was the only part of our childhoods that we enjoyed...

# 12 07-04-2011 , 10:07 PM
Subscriber
Thats because you missed out on ...

Transformers
heman
thundercats
city of gold
Ulysses 31
Visionaries
Voltron
Trap Door
the good cartoon version of TMNT
The Raccoons
Rainbow Brite
Raggy Dolls
The Real Ghostbusters
Robotech
Roobarb and Custard
Sharky and George
She-Ra
Space Sentinels
Speed Racer
The Shoe People
The Smurfs
Starcom
Superted
Stoppit and Tidyup
Pigeon Street

hold on there`s more - just catching my breath ...

Inspector Gadget
Ivor the Engine
James the Cat
Jamie and The Magic Torch
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
Jem
Jimbo and the JetSet
King Rollo

MASK
The Moomins
Morph
Mr Men
Dangermouse
David the Gnome
Defenders of the Earth
Denver the Last Dinosaur
Dino Riders
Dogtanian
Ducktales
Dungeons and Dragons
Ewoks
Family Ness
The Flumps
Fraggle Rock
Funnybones
G-Force
Garfield & Friends
The Get Along Gang
Gummi Bears
Bravestarr
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
Captain Planet
Centurions
Count Duckula
Spiderman and his amazing friends

and so many more classic childhood cartoons - I feel for the last gen of kids as all they had was barney and teletubbies. And people ask me why I got in to animation ...

Arrr what an idea for a future challenge

# 13 07-04-2011 , 10:40 PM
EduSciVis-er
Copy paste fail... they're alphabetized in chunks. I knew you didn't watch that much TV. user added image

# 14 08-04-2011 , 01:35 AM
Subscriber
You want to bet I used to watch that much - only reason I copy and paste - dyslexic and could not spell half of them.

# 15 08-04-2011 , 02:50 AM
Lifetime Member
Well Im with you tweety...I have seen 90% of those....BUT WHY DID YOU FOERGET STARBLAZERS...everyone forgets Starblazers (or Spaceship Yamato), Justice League, Astroboy, Scooby Doo the list is endless.........and yeh, I watched that much TV too...mostly evenings on the ABC and Saturday mornings from 0600-12....the Kids Saturday matinee....

bullet1968