Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-04-2004 , 02:29 PM

My 3D Map stage 2

Hi don't know if anyones interested but here's how my maps coming along thanks to the help of Dragons fire, pure morning & nightphantom ( do you guys fight crime when your not helping maya newbies? ) . So far I just have hills in the lower area to make sure it looked ok before doing the whole thing, no texture at the moment and I still have work to do in illustrator but I thought i'd post to show progress ( ...slow progress ).

One quick question- when I convert the displacement map to polys the hills look slightly rough anyway I can make them smoother?

Thanks Guysuser added image

also, any rendering/modeling tips are welcome!

Attached Images
# 2 06-04-2004 , 03:00 PM
to smooth the hills out you can:

apply a smooth modifier, (it may make the mesh VERY heacy though) could you chuck up a wire of the geometry so I can see how heavy it is?

Or you can increase the initial amount of faces in your mesh. Also there is a displacement setting initial samples is the one I am thinking of. Those might give better results..

user added image

Alan

Ps. No crime fighting just work.... but that's with maya anyways and I'm the noob at work user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 06-04-2004 , 07:02 PM
Looking Very Good! yup a poly>smooth should work.