Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-08-2004 , 07:15 PM
Subscriber

Image plane and sloooooonesss

Hi. I just decided to start modeling a car and have my image planes imported onto each of the Orthographic cameras. When I switch to one of the cameras with the image plane visible, my dollying and other camera moves are incredibly slow!

I thought it was because I was using .tga files of about 1.179K, so I went back in Photoshop and saved them as .gifs. Now the largest is 18K, and still the camera moves are painfully slow. If I turn off the image plane, everything is fast again. I don't use the image planes in the Perspective view and it is working just fine.

Any ideas on what to do about this?

I am using Maya 6.0.1 with ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 AGP.

"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn’t have time to build it to scale or to paint it"
:: Dr. Emmett Brown
# 2 20-08-2004 , 07:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
i recomend using poly planes for your image planes

# 3 20-08-2004 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber
Yes I remember that from your Shark tutorial and it worked well.

I got this issue resolved...somehow. I decided to go to ATI and get the latest video driver and that seemed to pep things up.

Workin' like a champ now.

Thanks.

"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn’t have time to build it to scale or to paint it"
:: Dr. Emmett Brown