Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-08-2005 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber

room

hello there,

this is the first render of the first part of a scene that I am going to make. I have no idea how this is going to turn out and I may have bitten off more than I can chew but I have the house to myself, no distractions, no work tomorrow and am determined to do something constructive with my time. I'll post progression as and when it happens,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-08-2005 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber
ok,

I've made a start on the room, and here it is...

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 15-08-2005 , 08:31 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Nice startuser added image. I only think that the colors on the chair are a bit high. U understand me.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 4 15-08-2005 , 10:00 PM
Yes, the colors are a bit bright. If you are able to make a shader that looks a bit like dry paint or plastic, it will look better. You're off to a very good start though user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 5 15-08-2005 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the feed back,
I've made the chair a little less offensive colour wise, eventually it will have a slight wood grain. here's where I'm at now, early stages but making headway.

edit,

sorry for the poor quality of this render, I will sort that out for the next one,
cheers,
Mat.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by happymat27; 15-08-2005 at 10:35 PM.
# 6 15-08-2005 , 10:36 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Erck, image's distorted (supposed to be a BLERGH smyley here...)...that makes my eye hurt...

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 7 15-08-2005 , 10:37 PM
Wow! I love the floor. It has a very freshly waxed look to it. Is it a texture?
The chair still does stand out though. Maybe it can be a little more dull in color. A relaxed sort color, like cream yellow and white.

Other than that, I can't wait to see more user added image Keep it up!

user added image

Last edited by Shadeblade; 15-08-2005 at 10:39 PM.
# 8 16-08-2005 , 07:37 AM
Subscriber
Sorry about your eyes Rookie, hope they are feeling better!

Thanks Shadowblade, the floor is a texture. I made it with Wood Workshop. I may try different colours on the chair but it is a classic design and those are the colours that it is.

Here's my progress...

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 16-08-2005 , 02:01 PM
Nice, now the chair has the plastic look to it. I like the mood you're trying to show in this scene. To me, it's a very sort of relaxed, yet lonely look. Great lighting too. user added image
This is turning out quite well. user added image

# 10 16-08-2005 , 08:55 PM

Originally posted by happymat27

Thanks Shadowblade, the floor is a texture.
Here's my progress... [/B]

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: SHADOWBLADE!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 11 17-08-2005 , 03:23 PM
Hey, nothing's wrong with that name. user added image Did you know that a Shadeblade is actually a sort of visor for a car? Initially, I didn't know that. I just thought this would be a cool name. Hmm, I might just change to Shadowblade though....

# 12 17-08-2005 , 05:18 PM
Subscriber
Sorry about the name thing there, my mistake.....

I made a shelf for the room, I think I'm going to make some ornaments and stuff next. I'll post more when it happens.

Take it easy,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 17-08-2005 , 06:05 PM
I like the idea of the new shelf being put in. The only thing is that it's blocking the second window in the scene. Maybe if you move it backwards a bit more, the window will come into view. You could also put some skirting boards at the bottom of the wall too.

Other than that, this scene is very clean. Keep it up!

:bow:

# 14 17-08-2005 , 06:06 PM
very nice i love the shadow but the chair doesnt fit at all(colors of the chair are nowhere)